123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Review: Mac Mini
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbatrium

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Review: Mac Mini Reply with quote

bani
You are wide of the mark, many who will buy this in the iConnected industry are not Mac devotees but even some are and see it differently, and look to other attributes to make their choice. Too much inverted Apple culture can sometimes blind someone inside of it to the perceptions of others in other industries out side of it. Many who are looking at this small form device are not from apple. I have had thousands on my web this week and see the very notable corporations and educational institutions and even some from Apple Corp itself many times come back again and again to revisit to read the next article exactly the significance of the relationship of the exciting small form device to form and iconnectedness that I have been explaining. Anyway whatever you say there are many in the industry who disagree with your line and we are entitled to our opinions. Frankly I think Apple has unwittingly let the small form cat out of the bag and time will prove it if the line continues or gets even smaller. Besides what is this web site called, I thought it was 123Macmini which implies a count down to a new era of computing.
My few cents worth <http://dbatrium.blogspot.com/2005/03/mac-daddy-and-nurturing-father.html>
PS:I said clearly before we are all entitled to our own opinion and when someone resorts to taunts and claims of longetivity with the Mac it does not wash at all. Facts are facts small form, is small form, When Jef Raskin passed away there was an era which had passed away. Now we are in a new appliance centred interconnected world and if anyone cant see that, then a good pair of glasses may go well. Anyone who like me has worked with Apple products since 1980 and for Apple as a consultant, a reseller, a vertical market reseller, a developer marketing, and a certified developer to 1990 starting from 1980 with the old systems, I perhaps see it all a little differently, but there are a lot of switched on University Research associates and some good friends of mine who can see what is happening, and that includes some very highly educated Mac aficionados and not one has their head in the air or vacuum as you so abruptly put it.
I can see such exchanges are a complete waste of time when they cease to be educational and friendly. There are creative endeavours and and those who cannot see anything but negatives such is life. On this site I have seen many cases of the small form being used Mac mini's fitted into automobiles, and into Connected contollers an article featured recently and on many other sites many lauding the small form as an answer to a lot of embedded circumstances. The Mac mini is excellent for many iConnected and embedded tasks that larger forms would not suit. Its not high power that matters it is cost, small form, power miser and versatility that matters in the iappliance field.
Regards
JJ

Last edited by dbatrium on Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:35 am; edited 3 times in total
bani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i can see nothing has changed since i last owned a 68k mac in the 1980s. i bring up a list of objective points and get them summarily dismissed with a single wave of level 53 Jobs' Dogmatic Hand. Cool

the mini is a fine cheap mac, but it's not going to lead the SFF world into a bold new era. it's not a panacea, especially not with a 32mb ati 9200 Laughing Laughing Laughing

new era of computing? omglolz. Rolling Eyes you guys have your heads so far up into the clouds, you must be swimming in vacuum up there Wink
Charles
News Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought it was 123Macmini which implies a count down to a new era of computing

A lot of people have asked ..."why the name 123Macmini?" Here was our thinking behind it... 1-"community", 2-"news", 3-"reviews" for the Mac mini. It does not imply a countdown.
bani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a countdown would be the other direction wouldnt it? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: