123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RAM upgrade and more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: RAM upgrade and more Reply with quote

Hi, new here. Bought a mini yesterday and let me say, it is frickin AWESOME!!!

I am looking to hear from other upgraders who have updraded their RAM. What brand of ram was used? Problems with any chips? PC3200 or PC2700? Just looking for some testimonals to avoid purchasing bad/uncompatable RAM.

Also, not sure how this will float with you all, but I am a linux fan and couldn't resist installing Debian the first night I had my mini. Here is a step-by-step guide I found that works flawlessly. Ask questions if you need, I'd be glad to help. (Sorry if Debian on the mini has already been discussed, or if I offended any MAC fans.)

Peace
ahh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just saw the "linux on the mac mini" thread. disregard debian comment. Thanks.
idave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you like your mini. The PQI from Newegg has been talked about on these threads for a few weeks. I personally don't have it but the price is down to 100 bucks and that is pretty hard to beat.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-141-198&depa=1
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
ahh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks man. Looks like a really good deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: