123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you playback by chapter on a ripped DVD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbcarbaj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Can you playback by chapter on a ripped DVD? Reply with quote

Hello-
I'm curious if there is an easy way to play back a ripped DVD by chapter from the HDD. I just ripped my first movie in MP4 (revenge of the sith) using handbrake and it worked great however I can't seem to get it to play in the DVD player and when I play in Quicktime it will only FF but not skip chapter to chapter.

thanks in advance for your input!
carlos
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need to use MacTheRipper, but the file size is going to be much larger.

http://mactheripper.en.softonic.com/ie/45991
ShaneHale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you playback by chapter on a ripped DVD? Reply with quote

I agree with Devo... use MacTheRipper and use the DVD Player App to view the movie.

Other alternative is to use QuickTime Chapters. http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/chaptertracks.html

Its a combersome process and I've recieved poor results at best with getting it to work.

Shane
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbcarbaj wrote:
Hello-
I'm curious if there is an easy way to play back a ripped DVD by chapter from the HDD. I just ripped my first movie in MP4 (revenge of the sith) using handbrake and it worked great however I can't seem to get it to play in the DVD player and when I play in Quicktime it will only FF but not skip chapter to chapter.

thanks in advance for your input!
carlos

When you play it in Quicktime, why not use the time slider?
devo wrote:
You would need to use MacTheRipper, but the file size is going to be much larger.

http://mactheripper.en.softonic.com/ie/45991

Yeah, if you have the space use MacTheRipper. It does a wonderful job with movies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: