123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Samsung HP-R4252 and DVI connction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuckerdawg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Help with Samsung HP-R4252 and DVI connction Reply with quote

I have tried in vain to connect my mini (core duo w/ 1Gb ram) to my Samsung HP-R4252 42" Plasma.

I get picture alright, however the overscan issue is present.
I either get an image that is severly cut off at the top and bottom or I have an image that does not fill the screen. the native resolution of this unit is very computer friendly( 1024 x 768 @ 60hz), but is not available under the display tab in system prefs.

the following resolutions are displayed.

640 x 480
" " (stretched)
720 x 480
800x 600
1024 x 576
1280 x 720
1920 x1080 (interlaced)

I have tried SwitchRes X but since it is an Intel mac It crashes once started and there is no option for running it in rosetta (get info).

has anyone else had issues like this? any suggestions? anyone know how to run SwitcRes X In Rosetta?

Otherwise love the mini!!! BTW VGA is perfect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: