123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need an old iMac for kid
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjamini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: I need an old iMac for kid Reply with quote

I am looking for an old iMac for my 5 year old. Does anyone have one laying around that they don't need. I don't care about the age only that it works so that my little one can play games and surf the net.

Anyone wanna help?
Very Happy
queens_nyc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: I need an old iMac for kid Reply with quote

ninjamini wrote:
I am looking for an old iMac for my 5 year old. Does anyone have one laying around that they don't need. I don't care about the age only that it works so that my little one can play games and surf the net.

Anyone wanna help?
Very Happy

Try Small Dog Electronics. They're an authorized Apple reseller. While up in Vermont, I've been to their retial store and they're very reputable. A used iMac:

http://www.smalldog.com/product/38454
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: I need an old iMac for kid Reply with quote

ninjamini wrote:

Anyone wanna help?
Very Happy

I have a Snow 500mhz DV/SE G3 which was passed down to my daughter who now has my old G4 tower. I replaced both the HD and DVD drive myself, it has 256mb, but no keyboard or mouse. This one works great, only issue is a stain on the left speaker cover from a spilled margarita years ago that fried my original keyboard, (was TWI.) We probably won't need it.... Let me know if you'd be interested.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad

Last edited by Bobaloo on Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:59 am; edited 7 times in total
fuji257

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: I need an old iMac for kid Reply with quote

ninjamini wrote:

Anyone wanna help?
Very Happy

Do you happen to live in the Indianapolis area?

Shipping on these are expensive.

I have a 400MHZ 1MB Cache, 8MB Rage Pro AGP, Firewire/USB, 56K, 10/100 Ethernet. The DVD drive works but likes to stick a little bit while ejecting CD's and DVD's (worse with DVD's). No Hard Drive and no RAM in it.

The CRT G3 iMacs on eBay from 233Mhz to 500Mhz seem to be going from $80-$150 depending on how souped up or not they happen to be.

Since mine does have an issue and is stripped of some parts, I'd have to sell it for parts/repair only - which really isn't worth my effort.

I'd give it away for the cost of shipping to someone with knowledge enough to fix it it who'd put it to good use. Though, I may be a *little* slow to ship it, because I don't have a box and packing material to handle anything quite so large at the moment. Unless of course someone would be willing to pay for professional packing from the UPS store.
ninjamini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I need an old iMac for kid Reply with quote

I would be What would you like for it? My 5 year old would love it. Hey can it run OS X 10.4?

Bobaloo wrote:
ninjamini wrote:

Anyone wanna help?
Very Happy

I have a Snow 400mhz DV/SE G3 which was passed down to my daughter who now has my old G4 tower. I replaced both the HD and DVD drive myself, it has 256mb, but no keyboard or mouse. This one works great, only issue is a stain on the left speaker cover from a spilled margarita years ago that fried my original keyboard, (was TWI.) We probably won't need it.... Let me know if you'd be interested.
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: I need an old iMac for kid Reply with quote

ninjamini wrote:
I would be What would you like for it? My 5 year old would love it. Hey can it run OS X 10.4?

Bobaloo wrote:
ninjamini wrote:

Anyone wanna help?
Very Happy

I have a Snow 500mhz DV/SE G3 which was passed down to my daughter who now has my old G4 tower. I replaced both the HD and DVD drive myself, it has 256mb, but no keyboard or mouse. This one works great, only issue is a stain on the left speaker cover from a spilled margarita years ago that fried my original keyboard, (was TWI.) We probably won't need it.... Let me know if you'd be interested.

I am sure we can work something out, if you want it, let me know. It's got a 30gb HD and as I said, I've replaced the DVD drive as well as the HD. 256mb Ram and a fresh install of 10.4. It's ready to set up and use.
AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
zacks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one too! Let me know if ya'll have some...maybe in the 100-150 bucks range?
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the DV-SE Snow 500mhz G3 iMac that works great.
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMac was given away. I've a Quicksiver G4 looking for a home now. It's got a 60gb HD, superdrive and 640mb ram. 867mhz processor and has USB2 card. A great machine, was going to pull the 1.42mhz processor out of my old Sawtooth and give it to my daughter, but she is happy with the Sawtooth. It served us well, replaced it with a MacPro.
AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad

Last edited by Bobaloo on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobaloo wrote:
iMac was given away. I've a Quicksiver G4 looking for a home now. It's got a 60gb HD, superdrive and 640mb ram. 867 processor. It served us well, replaced it with a MacPro.

How much? (G4)

Anyone else got a iMac G3 500mhz or better or a iBook G3 Clamshell (any color) For my son and girlfriend, she saw the clamshells on ebay and wants one just for surfing the web on the couch.

-Hackersmovie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: well Reply with quote

On ebay there are graphites (600MHz) for around $200 after shipping.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
Bobaloo wrote:
iMac was given away. I've a Quicksiver G4 looking for a home now. It's got a 60gb HD, superdrive and 640mb ram. 867 processor. It served us well, replaced it with a MacPro.

How much? (G4)

Anyone else got a iMac G3 500mhz or better or a iBook G3 Clamshell (any color) For my son and girlfriend, she saw the clamshells on ebay and wants one just for surfing the web on the couch.

-Hackersmovie

Not really looking for much, just a token and shipping costs. It's a great machine, if I had the room, I'd keep it, but have 3 Macs working now, so will have to part with this one.
AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobaloo wrote:
hackersmovie wrote:
Bobaloo wrote:

How much? (G4)

-Hackersmovie

Not really looking for much, just a token and shipping costs. It's a great machine, if I had the room, I'd keep it, but have 3 Macs working now, so will have to part with this one.

How much is a token worth? (in U.S. funds)

Very interested,

Hackersmovie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:
Bobaloo wrote:
hackersmovie wrote:
Bobaloo wrote:

How much? (G4)

-Hackersmovie

How much is a token worth? (in U.S. funds)

Very interested,

Hackersmovie

I'm sure we could work something out, want it to have a good home. Make an offer.
AppleTVII
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to insult you in any way but I would be willing to spend about $200-$300?

Let me know if I am in the ball park or if I haven't even gotten into the parking lot yet?! Very Happy

-Hackersmovie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: