123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mini VGA HDTV Need help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marenta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: mini VGA HDTV Need help! Reply with quote

Hey!
Thanks for a great forum.
I've tried to connect my new core duo mini to 37"LCD TV (native res. 1366x768) I've got HDMI and VGA on my TV. The HDMI didn't work out that good, overscan problems and I couldn' get to 1366x766, Tried both displayconfigx and switchresx. Had overscan issues and the picture was kinda distorted.
Got a DVI-VGA cable today and I can get 1360x766 to work pretty good. Photos and Movies looks good, but fonts in osx are kind of blury, get shadows.. Is there any way to tweak this in switchresx or is it just my TV that can't handle it? Also would be glad to get some tips to get my resolution right with HDMI seems to be better?! Im not that good with either switchx or displayconfig, some settings for my res would be awsome

Marenta
oldlibmike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Native Res Reply with quote

I got my duo working with native 1366x768 with dot by dot mode and a DVI connection. Were you unable to do this with HDMI? I used SwitchResX but had to run it in "rosetta" mode due to a bug in the Universal Binary version.

I set the tv up to digital PC and then run SwitchResX to create the full resolution - looks fantastic now!
Marenta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't change very much on my LCD TV in hdmi mode I can adjust the screen left or right, thats about it. When I tried out switch res I'll just mess up and get blackscreen.. So I need to shift boot to get it back. Any ideas for switch res? I'll guess all LCDs are different?!
VGA is running pretty good apart from the stupid shadows on fonts, can't get rid of them, U think it could be the cable?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: