123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maccessity Hang With Mi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Gear Guide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Maccessity Hang With Mi Reply with quote

Product: Maccessity Hang With Mi
Category: Stands and Mounts

Summary:
No room on your desk? No problem. Hang With Mi will keep your Mac mini conveniently out of your way. Tucking underneath your desk, Hang With Mi allows maximum airflow that your Mac mini required to perform at optimum level. Like the Stand By Mi, Hang With Mi bracket is also power coated in aluminum color matching Mac mini's look. Hang With Mi also is the first under desk mount that offers a 4-port, self-powered, front access USB 2.0 hub. Yes, you no longer need to reach to the back of your Mac mini to connect your iPod or digital camera! [List Price: $39.99]

buzzardj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: First Impressions - Hang With Mi Duo Reply with quote

Just got and installed a Macessity Hang with Mi Duo.

It's very well made, dimensions are exactly right, very strong steel (no significant flex really) with a nice finish. The mounted USB hub is nice and is working fine (comes with a short regular USB to mini cable that is just the right length and a very tiny power adapter which you have to use) but I worry about hitting it iff mounted under a desk (not a problem where I mounted it)

The Duo is holding a G4 1.5Ghz mini and a Ministack v2 500GB drive - you unfortunately can't use the left side rear ports on the v2 Ministack (the 2 firewire and USB ports on the side - but you could cut out that part of the Duo hanger without compromising it's strength in my opinion.

They include a paper template that makes hanging much easier - only required a phillips screwdriver. And they included a 5th screw in case you lose one - I love manufacturer that makes that sort of effort.

I also ordered and installed one of their power supply hangers that allows you to hang the mini power brick under the table. The construction of this piece wasn't as nice (galvanized steel?) but it doesn't need to be. Also I have to loosen the screws to be able to slide the power brick in - not exact dimensions but it grips the brick very well. Aside from the neatness factor, this mounting system gets rid of the problem of the power plug getting yanked out of the mini.

Oh and I ordered it on a Monday and got it on a Thursday - excellent service by Macessity - total for the Duo and the bundled power supply holder ($4.99) was $61 shipped - they only take Paypal though the order page implied otherwise.

Altogether an A++ - and I have more real estate on my desk now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Gear Guide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: