123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ATI Displays and DisplayCongfigX crashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GCGuy128

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: ATI Displays and DisplayCongfigX crashing Reply with quote

I am a new Mac Mini owner, but I'm not new to OS X, as I have four other systems, including a Powermac G5 that casts its shadow over my newest addition.

My Mini hasn't been more than a day in my house and I already have MediaCentral installed along with some of the media I would like to use.

The problem:

So far, my attempts to connect my Mini to my 27" CRT via the DVI to S-video/Composite dongle have all failed. I've installed both the ATI Displays program, and DisplayConfigX and both run when I am connected to my 17" Syncmaster monitor. I've also installed a VNC program so I can control my Mini without a monitor, as well as have it connected to the TV in the event that I can get it to work.

When I try to launch either application while connected to my TV, they "Unexpectidly Quit" and ask for a relaunch, which fails. I've tried using both S-Video, and Composite, as well as changing the resolution in Displays.

I'm running Tiger 10.4.6 and ATI Displays 4.5.7

Also, the convertor doesn't work on my G5 either, same version of Tiger, but with Geforce FX5200.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: