123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OWC offers Memory Upgrades to Maximize Intel Mac mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: OWC offers Memory Upgrades to Maximize Intel Mac mini Reply with quote

OWC offers Memory Upgrades to Maximize Intel Mac mini
Thursday March 2, 2006

Other World Computing is ahead of the pack and already offering top tier Memory Upgrades for the newly announced Intel-based Apple Mac mini. The new Apple Mac mini is designed with two memory slots, factory-installed with 256 megabyte (MB) memory modules. To significantly boost performance, OWC offers a 1.0 Gigabyte(GB) memory kit for $109.00 and a 2GB memory kit for just $229.00. These kits include matched pairs of memory, as recommended by Apple for maximum performance. Owners may also add 512MB and 1GB modules individually as offered at OWC.

Both unique OWC memory kits are 100% compatible with Apple Mac mini Intel models as well as other Apple & PC systems, meeting and/or exceeding Apple/Intel specifications, and come with a Lifetime Advance Replacement Warranty.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/449.html
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is a decent savings. $71 savings on the 2GB upgrade.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's definetly worth the extra work to me and then hell I can sell my 512 after if I want(if I do end up getting this mini)!
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty good deal for 2GB. Crucial is asking $188 for 1GB.
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty good. I have read a report from Macworld that it is more difficult to access the new RAM slots on the new Mini.

My question, is that if you do a self-upgrade (RAM) on the new Intel Mini will it void the factory warranty? I cannot remember where, but I read an article about the new Intel Minis that mentioned something to the affect that the new Mac Mini is not user serviceable.

I will post if I find it..
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ack_mac wrote:
My question, is that if you do a self-upgrade (RAM) on the new Intel Mini will it void the factory warranty?

I can't see why. It didn't void your warranty the first time around.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
ack_mac wrote:
My question, is that if you do a self-upgrade (RAM) on the new Intel Mini will it void the factory warranty?

But then again the new RAM location is in a more intricate location. You have to remove more of the computer to get to it. Which could lead to more chance of damaging of the internal computer components.

Well at least I'm sure that's how Apple would put it.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
devo wrote:
ack_mac wrote:

But then again the new RAM location is in a more intricate location. You have to remove more of the computer to get to it. Which could lead to more chance of damaging of the internal computer components.

Well at least I'm sure that's how Apple would put it.

Exactly Socomraider. I swear I read this somewhere.. I am positive that the article refrenced the fact that Apple now considers the new Mini "not user serviceable"...
I am sure that we will hear more about this subject in the days to come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: