123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seriously considering putting the Mini in the living room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regular_John

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Seriously considering putting the Mini in the living room Reply with quote

Hey All

Been a Mac user for just over a week, sold my PC. Say no more!

I think I'm going to buy the new intel mini [top spec version] and use that for my computing needs. Which leaves me with a spare mini.

I'm really considering putting in the living room and replaceing the old Buffalo Link Theater. I just have a few questions:

1 - Can I delete every [well most] progs from the mini, such as mail, safari, garageband, etc in order to make it faster?

2 - Has anyone used the s-video connector from Apple to link their mini's to their tv's? Any good?

3 - Been playing around with Media Central, seems like a good little program, similr to Front Row in appearance. Anyone had any luck any alternatives? Tried iTheatre, Front Row so far.

4 - Has anyone has any experience with the Keyspan remote? Any good? Does it have an eject button? This is crucial as I don't intend to have a keyboard or mouse in he living room, I'm just going to have Media Central load at start up.

Cheers in advance guys.
40GB Hard Drive
250GB Crossfire External HD - Firewire
Apple Keyboard and Mouse
Philips 170B 19" TFT
Netgear DG834G V2 Wireless Router/Modem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: