123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burning avi (xvid) to DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sincil

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Burning avi (xvid) to DVD Reply with quote

I have some files wrapped up in an AVI container. They are videos encoded with the Xvid codec.

Quicktime 7 plays them with no sound, like Realplayer will play them, but luckily the great VLC player plays them just fine.

My question is: I'm running 10.4.1. I have a superdrive in my Mac Mini. I want to burn the files to DVD so I can watch them on my standalone DVD player attached to my television.

iDVD hangs after a while when I import, and Toast Titanium 6 also hangs when I import the files.

How can I burn these successfully to a DVD to watch on my TV?

Thanks in advance!

Steve
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta love VLC!

You might try converting the files with http://homepage.mac.com/major4/ and try burning them in another format.
sincil

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
You gotta love VLC!

You might try converting the files with http://homepage.mac.com/major4/ and try burning them in another format.

Thanks man I'll give it a go! I think I'll convert them overnight - this is really where I need a dual G5 2.7! Wink
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get a G5 because I'm lovin OS X! I converted some DIVX files to MOV with the program and it worked out great.
sincil

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
I'd like to get a G5 because I'm lovin OS X! I converted some DIVX files to MOV with the program and it worked out great.

It certainly did work great - thanks! One problem I've noticed when installing the extra files for it in Tiger is that it doesn't create the folders, so I needed to do it manually.

Apparently they are fixing that in the next version.

Anyway, thanks again! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: