123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UStec adds Mini support to home networking systems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian
News Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: UStec adds Mini support to home networking systems Reply with quote

UStsec adds Mini support to home networking systems
"UTsec makes a really cool product. They create a standard infrastructure for networking your home. Their iLan unit [pdf] integrates with the mini and contains a high-speed networking switch, a router that provides Internet connection sharing, firewall and dedicated hardware for distributing movies, mp3s, and other files throughout your home."

http://htmini.com/2005/04/07/utsec-adds-mini-support-to-home-networking-systems/

Picture from UStec
idave

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for the Mac mini that has to be locked away! Very Happy
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a case within a case. What about cooling?
iLife's a Bitch!
dbatrium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: RE:UStsec adds Mini support to home networking systems Reply with quote

This is a great example of concealed use of the Mac mini, I expect to see many more examples in fact if there are a dozen small form Mac mini's scattered around the iHome I would expect quite a few to be hidden away silently working for the good of the iHome network but viewable on touch screens or large scale laser pointer sensitive screens.
The way to go, If every iHome in the USA was to get at least 6 Mac mini's all doing an array of serarate functions but also some parallel processing just think the small form Mac mini revolution would change the face of life styles in the USA. Hidden is cool. Look at some of the network ideas on my web page...Mini Ture_MacJournal
JJ (Mini Ture_MacJournal) Laughing Idea
dbatrium

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: UStsec adds Mini support to home networking systems Reply with quote

RE: home networking systems
We are at the crossroads of Mac development.
The future lies in all recognizing that the home is the centre of all our networks and when we roam a second centre is activated.
We need to plan for roaming and for being home with our iAppliances and our networks.

The planning of an intelligent automated adaptive home will require a great deal of thought in particular, the client to consultant, iHome briefing. While there are many aspects that an Architect designer may be able to co-ordinate, inevitably the master plan must be thought out carefully as it involves a great deal of technical expertise only found in experienced iHome installers and contractors many of whom have their own special liaison professional Architects and engineers familiar with their respective systems.

The scope of this iHome market is huge and some of the recent market projections cast worth in many billions of dollars per year world wide and it is growing. It is strange to me that some PC Corporations stop short at the media centre when the whole iHome is waiting to be fitted out in an array of new iDevices, iAppliances and iSystems that they could provide.

The type of equipment already owned by the clients need to be integrated into a whole new array of components which must all work together.

The Mac mini has a very important part to play in this social and consumer led media for the masses revolution.

Its about small form iAppliances like the Mac mini being active and dilligent silent nodes in an intelligent home.

The mighty Mac mini, leads us all towards the intelligent super iHome appliance and the Mac back to where it should be at more than 20% of the market place.

Cooling is an engineering problem and this needs consideration for all network iNodes. I covered the cooling aspect in one of my postings.

If there is ever a G5 Mac mini there will definitely need to be cooling and lots of it but I would imagine a new low heat processor will be used as there will be for the next generation of iBooks and Powerbooks.
Perhaps the new cellular proccesing may answer that question.

I have just placed my hand on my mac mini in this subtropical environment and it is cool, but the back of my iMac G5 is warm.
network ideas on my web page...Mini Ture_MacJournal
JJ (Mini Ture_MacJournal)
Idea Laughing
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mac mini has a very important part to play in this social and consumer led media for the masses revolution.

I hope the Mac mini doesn't turn into another Cube! I don't think the mini will suffer the same fate as the cube because of the mini's price and the popularity of the iPod but there is some sort of revolution going here. You can feel it!
dbatrium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: UStsec adds Mini support to home networking systems Reply with quote

Hi Charles and Devo,

I too hope also that the Mac mini does not become cubish, I don't think the Mac mini can become another Cube because of a widely different interesting support base that is here and what may well come from other industries. The connected automated industies have waited for something like the small form boards in the Mac mini for some time and I expect to see all sorts of new uses and many parallel and vertical markets in this area. The switcher is one strand in the market place. Intelligent housing is a massive market if Apple gets hold of it.

We are I believe at the begining of an exciting new era.

Its the iAppliance form that will win in the end. I imagine the Mac mini shrinking even more so and a cradle type of power source. The one now seems to be an anomaly... Battery Pack fuel cells may also make a big difference to the small form devices.

I have asked UStec for the usual Architectural data for my research as it seems to be interesting.

Well Devo we must all hope the cube errors are not repeated but I am more than hopeful that the winds of change are blowing in Apples favour.
Regards all
JJ Very Happy
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Now that is just plain COOL!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: