123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.5 Reply with quote

Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.5
Tuesday February 14, 2006

Apple today released Mac OS X 10.4.5 via its Software Update Utility and on the Web. The company says this release includes fixes for a wide variety of products, including: iChat video conferencing; Safari rendering of Web pages; stability of Dashboard and widgets; viewing of QuickTime streaming media behind a firewall; printing to some Epson printer models; iDisk and Portable Home Directory syncing; time zone and daylight savings for 2006 and 2007; VPN connections to Cisco servers when using NAT; compatibility with third party applications and devices; previous standalone security updates; and more.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/440.html
sp468732

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like it was just yesterday I upgraded to 10.4.4

Ah, well maybe Apple is just being nice and hurrying up the upgrading. Very Happy
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp468732 wrote:
I feel like it was just yesterday I upgraded to 10.4.4

Ah, well maybe Apple is just being nice and hurrying up the upgrading. Very Happy

It's just Apple showing some love. A Valentines Day gift or nightmare if something goes wrong. So far, so good here.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, up and running, no probs sofar...
AnoMac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deja vu:

Sad to notice Apple still haven't fixed the old Help viewer bug.

I had to go to the Apple site and dig out a very old thread where a third party gives you a fix routine.

It just works?

Until the Help viewer bug surfaces...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1565200#1565200
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnoMac wrote:
Deja vu:

Sad to notice Apple still haven't fixed the old Help viewer bug.

It's amazing that this hasn't been fixed yet. I think the color profile problem with Fast User Switching enabled may still be around as well.

When I get a blank Help screen, clicking on the "Home" icon seems to jump-start it, and I can then proceed from there.

Smile

Jamie
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Slower start? Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does 10.4.5. start slower? I think it took me over 1 minute...
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Slower start? Reply with quote

James T Kirk wrote:
Is it just me, or does 10.4.5. start slower? I think it took me over 1 minute...

OS X always starts slower after installing an update and rebooting. I always reboot, login, repair permissions, then reboot again. It always boots way faster on the second reboot.
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Slower start? Reply with quote

ack_mac wrote:
James T Kirk wrote:

OS X always starts slower after installing an update and rebooting. I always reboot, login, repair permissions, then reboot again. It always boots way faster on the second reboot.

This was my second reboot, but repair permissions does that the first time, I guess, that took a tremendous time.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Slower start? Reply with quote

ack_mac wrote:

You are correct sir! That's my Ed McMahon imitation. The first boot after an update is always slower. My mini is back to booting in around 35-45 seconds.
e3mw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am SO happy - This update finally fixed the problem mentioned on http://powerbookdefect.info that I've been having since DAY ONE with my Powerbook G4.

What a nice valentines day present from Apple Smile
30GB 5th Gen iPod | 512MB Shuffle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
billabong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't noticed any changes. I guess that's a good thing because I had tons of trouble with 10.4.3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: