123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mighty Mouse for PC - how it will behave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
desklamp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Mighty Mouse for PC - how it will behave Reply with quote

Hi,

I currently have a logitech LX300 Desktop wireless mouse and keyboard, the keyboards ok, but the mouse is dieing (ie when holding click, it jumps a bit and the middle click has broke) and id love to buy a new wireless mouse, however im not in the right money situation at the moment (since im saving for a mac mini woo!) so what im thinking of is keeping the keyboard and receiver, but getting a different mouse.

I will probbably get one off ebay, nice and cheap, but the question is, to get a mighty mouse, or a normal mouse.

In the lonbg run, the mighty mouse will be good when i get a mac, but considdering im a pc user at the moment, i need to think about it.

Does anyone have experience or using a mighty mouse with a pc, and on a pc, will i get left and right click functionality?

Id like to get a mighty mouse coz apple just rock, but i need to know how it will be.

Many thanks for your help!!! Wink

James
Ranger922

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there are mighty mouse drivers for Windows XP. I can imagine that you wouls get the ability to 2-click and use the scroll wheel, but I haven't tried it, so I wouldn't know.

Personally, I use a Microsoft Intellimouse explorer (yes, I know, Microsoft, evil, etc.) and it's simply a joy to use. Designed to fit the hand, 5 buttons, smooth 4-way scrolling, wireless, great all arround. I got it at a local computer store for only $40.
poisonfist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I've heard, the 360 degree scrolling is not an available option for Windoze. Everything else should work.

328i sport package
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mighty Mouse works great with my Dell Inspirnot *lol* running XP. The left and right buttons work fine. You can scroll vertically with the trackball, but not horizontally.
desklamp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, but i think Ranger922 has convinced me, because ive been looking at microsoft mice and they look nice and ive had the experience of using one at school. I find wireless pretty handy and mighty mouse doesnt provide that, so i think ill get a microsoft mouse.

Thanks again for the replies.

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: