123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats a Good Wireless Keyboard?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarpad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Whats a Good Wireless Keyboard? Reply with quote

I already have a Good Wireless Mouse and I've been playing with the Idea of
Putting my Mini into the Living Room.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your mini has BT, get the Apple wireless keyboard.
ranger1021

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you don't want to pay 60+ for a one button mouse, even if it is the Apple on?
poisonfist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mini is a permanent fixture in my HT setup. I have the Apple BT keyboard but I needed something with an integrated pointing device and a smaller solution than the Apple's behemoth on my coffee table. It pretty much boils down to two keyboards, Adesso's SlimTouch Wireless and Auravision's Presenter. The Presenter was a disappointment, the integrated trackball does not move smoothly, it feels like the ball is resting on gravel or something. Also, the Presenter is infrared meaning you'll have to make sure the line of sight between the keyboard and the IR sensor is clear. I have been pretty happy with the SlimTouch though, it takes a little getting used to and the mouse click buttons were really loud when you press them but other than that, it has been a good experience. I use the Apple BT keyboard with my Windows/Linux/OSX86 triple boot box in my studio now. The big surprise was that Windows recognized it immediately after plugging in the BT dongle.

I think you should choose carefully depending on your needs, if you want to use your wireless mouse with a separate keyboard, you have several choices but keep in mind that most non-bluetoth wireless keyboards have a horrible range, they usually do not work if you are more than 5-6 feet away from the USB receiver. I do like the Apple keyboard, it just wass not practical in my living room.

328i sport package
Scarpad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Adesso is meant for WinXP does it work well with the Mini?

Also who has these for Sale?
NoviMac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an logitech (about 2 or 3 years old) - MX Duo.

it is basically a USB setup with a dongle and I love the wireless mouse becuase it has 4 assignable buttons. Once you load the OS X driver it is a nice stable setup!
poisonfist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarpad wrote:
The Adesso is meant for WinXP does it work well with the Mini?

Also who has these for Sale?

No problem except that it is a Windows keyboard layout. You just have to get used to the placement of the Alt/Option, Command/Windows button.

328i sport package
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: