123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPod preference

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediTimmy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: iPod preference Reply with quote

which iPod would you really prefer; the new iPod, the nano or the shuffle.

for the me i think i'd prefer the nano, if i want to watch video i'd stick to a tv or a computer. i dont think i'd get much of a chance to watch video on the go.

PS3 60GB owner.

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy and paste this into your sig.
nightstriker424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you havent seen a nano in person you will be iin for a treat. the pictures do it no justice
4gig Nano
ranger1021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the nanos. Very Happy So small, I like. I got a green mini right now, though. Plan on keeping it till the battery dies. And anyways, I don't have enough money for a nano, trying to buy a Mac Mini.
JediTimmy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too, im just waiting till officially relase the new Minis. but i plan on getting a nano when i have the money.

i more so want to get my mini set with accessories before i buy an iPod nano.

PS3 60GB owner.

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that can resist stupid fads, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vic Viper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Nano vs new iPod Reply with quote

The nano is extremely sexy, but there is no comparison to the new iPod. Traded my Nano for a 60gig Video and never looked back. Of course, they both have their draws to different types of people and their individual needs.
davidc81

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the nano looks really cool, but the storage capacity just isnt enough for me. its a great item if you only wanna take part of your music collection with you, like for the gym or something like that.

for me, i prefer the 5g ipod. compaired to a 4gig nano, a 30gig ipod is only $50 more and you get an extra 26gigs worth of storage space, which i think makes it a good value. the new ipods are also slimmer than before and does not seem as bulky as past generations.

this has been a question that ive been asking myself lately as i am trying to decide on which ipod to buy myself. i think im going to go with a black 30 gig video... but something tells me i should just buck up and get the 60gig... Confused
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind reloading the music frequently, and don't have a lot of money to spend, the shuffle works fine. I have a 512MB shuffle that I got free; it does the job adequately for me. I just plug it in when I'm sick of the music that's on it, and it automatically reloads. It's just part of my routine now and takes no time, really.

If you are buying a shuffle, there's the high price per MB for the storage to consider--the more expensive ones are a far better deal in that regard. But you are paying a much higher price up front to save that money overall.

The one practically sure thing you will see at MWSF in January is a new shuffle version, so if you can hold off until after the holidays you might get a screaming good deal on the current shuffle.

Smile

Jamie
robhfla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have an iPod yet, will prolly wait for the real iPod video. But picking from what IS available now, I'd get the 60GB iPod with video. The nano is nice, but it doesn't have enough storage. The whole point for me is to be able to carry everything with you in one package. Otherwise you need multiple ipods. That to me is too much clutter.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robhfla wrote:
Don't have an iPod yet, will prolly wait for the real iPod video. But picking from what IS available now, I'd get the 60GB iPod with video. The nano is nice, but it doesn't have enough storage. The whole point for me is to be able to carry everything with you in one package. Otherwise you need multiple ipods. That to me is too much clutter.

I have the new 60GB iPod and couldn't be happier with it. I have all my music, photos, contacts, and almost 10 movies ripped with Handbrake on it. I've been able to get the movies down to around 500MB and still look good. I'm sure there will be better iPods down the road, but this is one heck of a little device. The only downfall is it scratches way too easily.
xyzzy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a 60GB photo, but I sold it and bought a Nano. The smaller form factor really increases the usability for me exponentially. I actually don't worry about scratches or anything, I just toss it in my pocket and go. The 60 GB was on a belt clip and much bulkier by comparison. During my time with the 60 I found that I really did what I was doing with CDs anyway (that is, listening to a group of albums and then switching them out from time to time) so I didn't really need the 60GB with me all the time even though I have a 270 GB music collection at home.

So, the "super capacity" and the video don't really interest me, but it's great that there are choices out there for those with different needs.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyzzy wrote:
I actually don't worry about scratches or anything, I just toss it in my pocket and go.

I didn't worry about scratches on my 3G iPod. I never bought a case, skin or anything for protection and it stayed in pretty good shape. I'm a little more concerned with the 5G since the screen is so important for watching video. Even a small scratch on the plastic over the screen can distort the video. My friend has the 30GB model and it has a few scratches over the screen. The scratches make the pixels blend together and sort of shine. I left the plastic coating that comes on the front of the 5G from the factory until I can find a good case. I'm sort of leaning towards buying the iSKin eVo3.
jimmy83

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've currently got a 1gb suffle, and i love it, but I would really like more space and a proper interface, so I'm trying to decide between nano and video. So far, storage per £/$, the video wins hands down.....but the nano is just soooooo small! Cool
wergan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think the new Ipods are ugly. I dont like the flat cut design on the fronts. Also I feel the screen looks to big on the Video. My little brother has a nano and my friend has a video so I have seen both in real life. I am going to go buy a Photo off ebay. (If anyone wants to sell there Photo send me a PM Wink )
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

picaman wrote:
The one practically sure thing you will see at MWSF in January is a new shuffle version, so if you can hold off until after the holidays you might get a screaming good deal on the current shuffle.

Smile

Jamie

The one practically sure thing you will see at the next Apple event is...well I obviously have no idea. I'm ending my career as a pundit.

Laughing Rolling Eyes

Jamie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: