123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What was your first mac?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleepyhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Mac was an SE/30 that was built on the Motorola 68030 processor, 25MHz, considered fast at that time. That was in March '89, a generation ago. Smile

Stopped using the mac around the mid 90s, though it's still with me to this day. My second mac, an 09 mini, was bought in April. I keep wondering why I didn't return to the mac earlier...
jerryk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: I had the original Mac Reply with quote

128 K of memory and one of those fancy 1.44 MB floppies. Upgraded it to a fat Mac 512 KB. I still have it, the 10 MB drive that is larger than my Mac Mini, and the associated printer.
alwayshear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac Mini MB139LL/A purchased in March '09
LE Studios

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2002 M8535LL/A iMac G4 800MHz, 768MB SDRAM PC100, 60GB Ultra ATA/66, 2X SuperDrive, NVIDIA Geforce 2MX 32MB SDRAM, 2 Firewire 400 Ports, 3 USB 1.1 (12-Mbps) p-lus installed 802.11b Airport card. I also got the Airport Base Station that was 54-Mbps and the 10GB iPod (2nd Generation iPod).

Last edited by LE Studios on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE Studios wrote:
2002 M8535LL/A iMac G4 800MHz, 768MB SDRAM PC100, 60GB Ultra ATA/66, 2X SuperDrive, NVIDIA Geforce 2MX 32MB SDRAM, 2 Firewire 400 Ports, 3 USB 1.1 (12-Mbps) p-lus installed 802.11b Airport card. I also got the Airport Base Station that was 54-Mbps and the 10GB iPod (2nd Generation iPod).

Pretty sure we have a pretty good idea you're next setup will look like.
3.5GHz 6C MP, D700s
LE Studios

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure we have a pretty good idea you're next setup will look like.

You already seen my setup I have now!
CrisisDog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned too many computers through the years...

I believe my first actual Mac was a Quadra 630, which I still have sitting in the basement. I purchased it used off of eBay somewhere around 1998. I purchased a special CPU slot video card for it to do 16-bit color, compared to the 8-bit built in, and also boosted it's speed from the default 33MHz 68040 to 40MHz by resoldering some jumper configurations. I remember IE4 being incredibly sloooow on the machine even with the speed boost, but unfortunately it was the only browser able to handle JavaScript, as Netscape 4 at the time did not do so on the 68k systems.
MacDSmith2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first computer was an Altair 8800, which I built in College.
My first Apple computer was the Apple II+, after the PET & TI 99/4A.
My first Macintosh was the Mac 512K, followed by the Mac II and Mac SE-30 which I still have. That puppy was the best of the original Mac lot.
kato1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got it..a imac 24inch with the 4ddr 500hd, and 3.06mgz and loving it! its taking a while to learn the safari and the leopard..i was use to the ms system...but the more i learn the more i love the imac... Very Happy Very Happy
strollin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Mac is my 2009 Mac mini bought this past June. I find that I use it less and less the longer I own it so it will most likely be my last Mac as well.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strollin wrote:
My first Mac is my 2009 Mac mini bought this past June. I find that I use it less and less the longer I own it so it will most likely be my last Mac as well.

Perhaps you should probably sell it then. You seem to prefer Windows. What inspired you to buy a Mac?

I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just saying that Macs may not be for everyone. You can get a lot more hardware in a PC for less money. Normally I'd just recommend a dual boot option, but you may be better off putting the money towards a PC that comes with Windows 7 preloaded.

I'd personally rather have my original G4 mini with Panther before going back to Windows as an end user. I still use and support Windows as a technician. I'll actually be working towards the 2009 A+ certification when my books ship from Amazon.
MacMini87

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an eMac for £40.

It was an 800MHz G4
512MB of RAM
40GB HDD
and OS 10.4
and I remember!! USB 1.0 Very Happy Wooo!!!

Was a nice little machine, once I'd finished with it, I passed it onto my Father, then he passed it onto one of his friends.

It convinced me to switch really, I'd spent months messing around with Windows and building my own PC's, the eMac changed everything.

Oh I bought it on eBay if anyone was wandering Smile
strollin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
strollin wrote:

Perhaps you should probably sell it then. You seem to prefer Windows. What inspired you to buy a Mac?

I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just saying that Macs may not be for everyone. You can get a lot more hardware in a PC for less money. Normally I'd just recommend a dual boot option, but you may be better off putting the money towards a PC that comes with Windows 7 preloaded.

I'd personally rather have my original G4 mini with Panther before going back to Windows as an end user. I still use and support Windows as a technician. I'll actually be working towards the 2009 A+ certification when my books ship from Amazon.

I have been thinking of selling my mini. I've worked in the computer industry since 1975 and have used many different computers and OSs but had never used Macs (or any other Apples) and decided to buy a Mac to see what was so great about them. I personally find the Mac hardware and OS X to be average and ordinary and I always gravitate to one of my Windows machines if I need to accomplish any real work.
Smallwheels

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: My First Mac Reply with quote

My first Mac is my current mid-2008 Mac Book 2.4 GHz 2GB RAM. I keep going back and forth thinking of trading it for a newer model. I'm impressed that so many people have old Apple computers that still work. Some of them are even in use now.

Mine is now just over a year old. It does seem a bit slower than when it was new. My computer probably will work for several more years if it lasts as long as those older ones. I use it as a desktop. My Gateway computer worked from 2002-2008.

Smallwheels

www.MrMoneyHelper.com
http://DoNotDieYet.blogspot.com
soundzen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: my 1º mac [soundzen] Reply with quote

my first mac 6 years ago was (now i have a mac mini):

macbook 13" white!

great, fast, fun, light, white... but heated way to much!

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: