123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

backup 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philologos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: backup 2 Reply with quote

Am I right in thinking that backup 2 only works with Firewire HDs? I have a neat little Freecom USB (FHD-XS 1.8' hard drive 60Gb) but backup 2 doesn't seem to see it (although Finder does) and the 'back up to drive' option is greyed out.

If not, has anyone had any experience with Dobry Backup? I have done a trial download and it DOES see my freecom and appears to work well.
billabong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just buy the full version Dobry Backup since it works unless you want to keep your .Mac account. I think Backup2 only works with Firewire drives. It doesn't see the drive at all? Make sure you have energy saver off.
philologos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energy saver off? Can you be more specific? I can find the energy saver window but which boxes should be unticked? Thanks for your response. The Macmini can see the FHD-XS and can access it but 'backup 2' only has 'back up to iDisk' as an option. The other two are greyed out. (I have no CD in the drive so that might be expected for the CD but 'backup to disk' id greyed out.
I'm new to Macs so please go slowly! Thanks again.
billabong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

System Preferences>Energy Saver>Put the computer to sleep when it is inactive for: and drag it all the way to the right. Energy Saver can mess up backup programs and scheduled backups. I never had the chance to play around with Backup2 because I dumped my .Mac account but best I can remember it was only for Firewire drives. I could be wrong! Confused

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> General Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: