123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Podcasts stay on my iPod after deleting them in iTunes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Some Podcasts stay on my iPod after deleting them in iTunes Reply with quote

I reformatted my iPod because some podcasts would remain on my iPod after I deleted the files from the podcast directory and re-synced. I checked the library and they did not show up there either.

The podcasts would still play on the iPod, so it wasn't just the title remaining, the actual sound track was still there.

I reformatted the iPod and reinstalled the library. The deleted podcasts did not show up in the library or in the podcast directory (which is good), nor did they get reinstalled on the iPod when I re-synced.

Has anyone else had this issue?

The iPod is a 40GB 4Gen. It is formatted for Windows (so I can use it for file transfers to/from PC's).
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lot of the same issues with my 3G. Are you up to date with the iPod Updater? One of the updates seemed to clear up most of my problems with podcasts. I'm all good with the 5G.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I had a lot of the same issues with my 3G. Are you up to date with the iPod Updater? One of the updates seemed to clear up most of my problems with podcasts. I'm all good with the 5G.

Not being updated is likely the problem. I never use my Windows box anymore. It's not even hooked up.

Because the iPod is formatted Windows, iPod Updater won't let me update through the Mac.

I'll have to hook up the Windows box, I guess Rolling Eyes
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you transfer your iPod stuff to your Mac and reformat it to work with your Mac?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
Why don't you transfer your iPod stuff to your Mac and reformat it to work with your Mac?

Keeping it formatted for Windows allows me to use it on both PCs and Macs as an external drive. That's the only reason.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. Yes, when I tried to copy my emails to the Mac I connected the iPod to the Windows laptop forgetting I'd formatted it to Mac.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: