123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth Printing Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numediaman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth Printing Issues Reply with quote

This is a tough one . . . I don't know if this is an Apple issue, an Epson issue, or an AnyCom issue.

I received today a bluetooth printer adapter for my Epson printer. I hooked it up and proceeded to try and get my mini to recognize the printer. The mini immediately found the printer and recognized that it was my ol' Epson. It then proceeded to tell me I did not have a printer driver for it (wrong).

After messing around with it for a while I called Apple support. We went through the set up again with the same results. We then tried to configure the printer through printer set up. We went to "add" printer, "Bluetooth" and again the mini found the Epson. But at the end, when I clicked "add" the printer set-up crashed. It did this a dozen times before the support guy suggested the usual OS repair options: disk utility, zapping pram, etc. We did all those with zero results.

In the end the bluetooth adapter is being sent back. This is not the first time I've had to return a wireless device because it would not interface with my mac. The last time was when I bought an Airport Express and the damn thing would not communicate with my Mac.

If the future is wireless, the future is bleak indeed.
idave

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if the Epson printer adapter itself is bad? Were you able to try it on another Mac? My experiences with Bluetooth have always been negative ones. Do you have your mini set on energy saver mode? "If the future is wireless, the future is bleak indeed." The future will be wireless and will probably lean more towards the 802.11 formats because Bluetooth to a certain extent has never lived up to its expectations.

Oh yea… Do you really get Tech support from Tech support any more? I miss the days of calling and actually getting a person that's been around, knows some tricks and is an actual long time Mac user. These people today are just reading of the screen and have about as much experience as my dog at fixing problems!
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
nalenb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, sounds like my episodes with Adelphia Cable.

me "Can you reset my modem on your end, looks like it's hung connecting"
them "Sir do you have a router?"
me "Huh, yeah, why?"
them "Well, try unplugging your router and rebooting everything, it's probably a bad router."
me "What? It's been working perfectly for 2 years and your cable connection goes out every Friday afternoon"
them "Do you want us to schedule a service call for you next week?"
me "No, just reset the stupid line"
them "Do you have usb or ethernet?"

Gah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: