123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini not communicating with monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini not communicating with monitor Reply with quote

Same problem basically but nothing seems to work.
My Mac Mini was purchased last year, 3 months over the warranty date.
I have spoken to Apple help on 2 occasions and taken it to a reputable repair tech with the same result. It sounds like it is booting up but nothing shows on the monitor. I have tried it on 2 separate monitors with nary a flicker of life showing.
I can't even post the system configuration but I do have the serial number, but that is it. I had put it to sleep one evening and it came up with problem the next morning. No warning or anything else. I am guessing that with so little info, I am not going to be able to resolve my issues. I am getting by( poorly) with an old mini I had laying around. It works just fine with both monitors.
How do I send it back to Apple to get them to repair it ? I am in Canada but I assume it will have to go back to the US.
ANyone have a suggestion or two I could try?
CHOODALLS

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried via the thunderbolt/displayport as well as the HDMI port?
If both ports are knocked out then you could try screen sharing (if you had that option enabled before the problem started).
But what did the repair shop/ Apple tell you? Did they understand the problem or just come up with the standard answer that you need a new logic board?
Blue

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini Reply with quote

I have tried all of those that you mentioned. While talking with Apple, I tried all of their suggestions( reboot i safe mode , etc ) all to no avail. The gal I was talking to was very knowledgeable and we spent quite a long time trying different things. After that I took it to a repair depot suggested by Apple. Now I think I will just package it up and ship it back to the factory.
Thanks for trying. This is the first problem of a Mac crashing on me in about 10 years so I suppose I was due!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: