123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VIRUS CONTROL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: VIRUS CONTROL Reply with quote

Hi…Some time back ya'll told me to drop Norton…it has finally expired (and they want me to renew) I can not remember who you said to use…please advise. Thanking you in advance . Sunny
MrMini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: VIRUS CONTROL Reply with quote

Sunny wrote:
Hi…Some time back ya'll told me to drop Norton…it has finally expired (and they want me to renew) I can not remember who you said to use…please advise. Thanking you in advance . Sunny

ClamXav
Sunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Virus Control Reply with quote

Thank you Smile
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: VIRUS CONTROL Reply with quote

Sunny wrote:
Get Sophos I am using it over 3 years and it is very good and also FREE.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently unnecessary for OS X as there aren't any virus in the wild. Best advice is to practice safe net spelunking.
jb
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: VIRUS CONTROL Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Get Sophos I am using it over 3 years and it is very good and also FREE.

I've used nothing for over 15 years, and it too is very good and also free.
Bigbadbugga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you only need virus protection if you run windows on the mac and share files across desktops.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigbadbugga wrote:
you only need virus protection if you run windows on the mac and share files across desktops.
Wrong Virus protection is essential period.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
Bigbadbugga wrote:

At Some point you might be correct. Not now though. For curiosities sake, what virus has Sophos actively removed from your system? Please share the report.

It's like wearing a condom and never having personal relations...0+0=0
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:

yawn. Here we go again, its no wonder this forum hardly ever gets any real posters. The only decent posts these days are from spammers Laughing

Its been a great forum since I joined back in early 2007, but sadly its had its day now like a lot of other once great forums. It really is time to leave it to the idiots and remove it from my daily list Sad

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G - iPad Air 2 64GB
8TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 11TB Drobo S
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
marv777 wrote:

yawn. Here we go again, its no wonder this forum hardly ever gets any real posters. The only decent posts these days are from spammers Laughing

Its been a great forum since I joined back in early 2007, but sadly its had its day now like a lot of other once great forums. It really is time to leave it to the idiots and remove it from my daily list Sad
With your attitude who cares if you leave.We are novices here. Gimme a break! Evil or Very Mad
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marv, really. You are a novice who is making statements as if you had a clue. People, including myself, have attempted reasoning with you but you are obstinate.

I would venture more of us would miss Cypher over you: harsh but really, telling somebody to leave because you are being a troll.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ez061111 wrote:
Marv, really. You are a novice who is making statements as if you had a clue. People, including myself, have attempted reasoning with you but you are obstinate.

I would venture more of us would miss Cypher over you: harsh but really, telling somebody to leave because you are being a troll.
I thought this site is to help people not hinder them with their negative attitudes like I see here a lot.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and you are telling somebody that does help, and offers great advice, that they should leave? You fail to understand completely that you are telling somebody that Sophos has been a great program...while all other users are telling you it isn't necessary. Your proof is what? What sort of validation have you received because all other experiences say otherwise.
Rockysv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some one work on my Mini to try to get it running better --it's not --but he installed a free virus program (sorry i don't know it's name ) but from time to time --it pop's up a screen saying "infection blocked"

most of the time it's the NHRA car site -- what would they be doing trying to get into my computer ?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: