123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AppleCare vendor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonCarlos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: AppleCare vendor Reply with quote

Hello all I just wanted to pass along an AppleCare vendor option.

http://www.adorama.com/acmd010lla.html?mode=state

I purchased AppleCare for my mini through Adorama for $69.00, no tax, free expedited shipping. Took two days to get here from NY-NV.. Registered successfully.

The price was 30 dollars cheaper than Apple, and 20 dollars cheaper than B and H.
-2006 iMac G5/PowerPC/2 GB RAM
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun when you find out what there selling is most likely a scam.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
Have fun when you find out what there selling is most likely a scam.

Well we know two things. Adorama is not selling scam Apple Care and MMMM is still not nearly as wise as he thinks he is.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it isn't a scam then please explain why the image of the box on the site is a photoshop'ed cut and paste image from a illegal serial generator from a year ago.
saul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adorama is listed as an authorized Apple reseller. It has been discussed on some other boards. People have been using them for years.

That being said - the link is for a government site. Also when you try to add it to cart the message "Manufacturers restrict this product to in-Store purchase only" appears.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macmanmacman wrote:
if it isn't a scam then please explain why the image of the box on the site is a photoshop'ed cut and paste image from a illegal serial generator from a year ago.

And you know the picture originated from a serial generator? Couldn't possibly have been around and used by this serial generator you elude to? More likely since they are an authorized dealer they got it from an authorized source.

Here is another use of that pic from another authorized dealer:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/582539-REG/Apple_MC248LL_A_3_Year_AppleCare_for_Mac.html
DonCarlos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at the followups on my post for the first time and am stunned to think that someone would think I would post a "scam". As I said before, I bought this and it registered and validated with Apple.

You should check your information, macmanmacman. Adorama is a legit company and so is the AppleCare they are selling.

http://www.adorama.com
http://www.adorama.com/ACMD010LLA.html
Yes I did mistakenly add a government/student link in my original post. The one above is the same price ($69) and the portal to order from is for just regular humans. I just registered with them for free at that time, as a VIP, and it cost me $69.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shipment Information
Order Number:
16xxxxxx

Order Date:
7/1/2015

Shipped Items:
Please see details below of all items included in this shipment.

Shipping Method
UPS 3 Day: 1Z0Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please note: Tracking information will not be available immediately, it may take up to 24 hours for this information to become available.

Delivered to:
XXXXXXX, DON,
x2xx XXXXXXXXX DRIVE
LAS VEGAS, NV, 89xxx
US
(702)xxx-xxxx
xxxxxxxxgmail.com

Items Being Shipped
ITEM DESCRIPTION QTY
ACMD010LLA Apple AppleCare 3 Year Extended Protection Plan for Mac Mini 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually corresponded with their service/sales department several times to make sure it was the correct price and correct version. They responded quickly to my inquiries.

I only passed this information along to the forum initially, as a courtesy. My credibility and membership in this forum is in good standing.
My suggestion MMMM check your information before you post responses, you are indeed establishing your level of credibility with our community.

But, on the positive side, it was great to see that other members took the time respond as well saying, that this was not a scam. Thanks.
-2006 iMac G5/PowerPC/2 GB RAM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: