123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any suggestions of Blu-ray drive for my new MacBook?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidSam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Any suggestions of Blu-ray drive for my new MacBook? Reply with quote

Hi,

I just bought a New MacBook recently, and I couldnít wait to play my recently favorite movie Big Hero 6 with it, I got its Blu-ray disc from a friend. Well... here comes the problem, since I donít have a Blu-ray drive, I canít play a blu-ray disc via my new MacBook.

Iíve looked up on the Internet, but I still am struggled... I need a light and portable one, and itís even better if it can burn blu-ray discs, any recommendation of this blu-ray drive/burner would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say regarding what's available out there, but:

AFAIK, you still won't be able to watch Blurays on your Mac*. You can rip them with MakeMKV. VLC can kind of read the structure of a Bluray, but when I tried it some time ago, it still was pretty glitchy.

Get a disc that is not bus powered. Of course you want to be free of wall warts, but bus powered drives can be problematic.

SC

* Unless you use an application that is advertised by spamming forums...

[Desktop] Intel mini - Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD / 120GB SSD 10.10 (Thanks Phil!)

4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5

Make sure it has pins!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: