123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Watch Available in Nine Countries on April 24th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Apple Watch Available in Nine Countries on April 24th Reply with quote

Apple Watch Available in Nine Countries on April 24th
Monday, March 9, 2015
Posted by: Staff

Apple today announced that Apple Watch will be available on Friday, April 24th to customers in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, the UK and the US. According to the company, Apple Watch is an incredibly accurate timepiece, an intimate and immediate communication device and a groundbreaking health and fitness companion. Highly customizable for personal expression, Apple Watch also brings an entirely new way to receive information at a glance and interact with the world through third-party app experiences designed specifically for the wrist.

"Apple Watch begins a new chapter in the way we relate to technology and we think our customers are going to love it," said Tim Cook, Apple's CEO. "We can't wait for people to start wearing Apple Watch to easily access information that matters, to interact with the world, and to live a better day by being more aware of their daily activity than ever before."

Beginning April 10th in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, the UK and the US, Apple Watch will be available for preview, try-on by appointment at Apple's retail stores, and available for pre-order through the Apple Online Store. On April 24th, Apple Watch will be available online or by reservation in Apple's retail stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers in China and Japan. Customers who purchase online or in-store from Apple will be offered Personal Setup to customize and pair Apple Watch with their iPhone.

Apple Watch is available in three collections, Apple Watch Sport, priced at $349 and $399; Apple Watch, available from $549 to $1,099; and Apple Watch Edition, crafted from custom rose or yellow 18-karat gold alloys, with prices starting at $10,000.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/2149.html
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices starting at only 10K for the Edition watch? That's a bargain! Rolling Eyes

Oh well, looks like it's back to my $30 Casio from Walmart. Smile
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will wait for 2nd generation.
Bigbadbugga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Tex wrote:
Prices starting at only 10K for the Edition watch? That's a bargain! Rolling Eyes

Oh well, looks like it's back to my $30 Casio from Walmart. Smile

its solid 18t gold though.

the sport version will sell like hot cakes.

i don't wear a watch so won't bother.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a huge market for the Apple watch just based on iPhone users, but I'll be waiting around for the 2nd gen model as well. That model will have native apps and hopfully better battery life. I think these smart watches need at least 3-5 days work of battery life. Just for the health and sleep tracking alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: