123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iMac Won't Shutdown - Ethernet & Airport Not Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: iMac Won't Shutdown - Ethernet & Airport Not Working Reply with quote

So my Intel 3.0 2009 iMac kept disconnecting from Internet. First thing I thought was my AT&T Modem was dying again. After extensive trouble shooting, I found out it's the iMac's Networking. Airport would not connect either. And when I tried connecting, it would freeze up & Restart. It also does not shut down. No matter how I shut it down, it will Restart after 10 or so seconds. So I did a clean install of both Mavericks & Yosemite (at different times) and still the same. No Networking, Freeze ups & Restarts.The Logic Board was already replaced once in 2010. So I go online and find a Railink Driver for my Lynksys WiFi Card And the iMac is running beautifully. I've tried my Macbook Pro, my Mac Mini, iPad & iPhone. All have excellent Internet Connectivity. My iMac works just fine as long as I don't Sleep it, Restart or try & Shut Down. It won't Shut Down. When I tried 3 different methods of Shutting down, it just Restarts. So I'm thinking it's my Logic Board, but the funny thing is everything else is working flawlessly. iTunes, iPhoto, App Store, Word, & the Internet using the Lynksys AE1000 USB WiFi Adapter with the Railink Driver. Any thoughts? Something I maybe have not tried? Thanks in advance.
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=Dino1956
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
m.paris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't post very often but this one caught my eye. It is a bit of a shot in the dark; however, could it be that something is triggering the "Restart automatically after a power failure" System Preference? The symptoms sound similar although the actual cause is obscure. It may be that the power circuit is shorting out under shutdown conditions and is mimicking a power outage. Just a thought. It will be interesting to find out if you get this one solved.
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. I called Apple & they think it is definitely a Hardware issue.
You guessed it! Logic Board. But here's the thing. The iMac runs perfectly & does all the things it use to do, just as fast & just as reliable.So I Just sleep the screen at night. It's been running that way flawlessly for 2 weeks now. Funny thing, when I first had the issue, I was connected to my Modem through Ethernet. That is why I thought it was an AT&T issue or my 6 month old Modem. It screwed up my entire Network. When I disconnected it, my Network ran & is running perfectly. That's when I tried Airport and that would not find my Network, or sometimes when it did, it would stay connected for 25 seconds & then lose the connection. I tried deleting the Airport & Ethernet in Sys Pref & even deleting the Airport Preference file. I've tried everything. Nothing worked. So I hooked up a Lynksys AE100 USB Adapter & found a compatible Railink Driver & I have been online ever since. If it's the Logic Board, it's sure taking it's time to completely die. And if you used the iMac, you'd see how smooth it runs.
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=Dino1956
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
valefortia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comkinozones.rulaserlens.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.ru
neatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ru
qualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.ru
readingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.ru
salestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.ru
semifinishmachining.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.ru
tenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.ru
kaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.ru
kleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.ru
lacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.ru
landingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rufactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.ru
galvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ru
haemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ru
haphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ru
heatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
valefortia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: