123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Unveils MacBook Pro
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Apple Unveils MacBook Pro Reply with quote

Apple Unveils MacBook Pro
Tuesday January 10, 2005

Apple today unveiled its new MacBook Pro notebook computer featuring the new Intel Core Duo processor which delivers up to four times the performance of the PowerBook G4. The new MacBook Pro, the first Mac notebook based on an Intel processor, features a stunning aluminum enclosure just one inch thin, weighs only 5.6 pounds, includes a built-in iSight video camera for video conferencing on-the-go, and the Apple Remote and Front Row software for a simple, intuitive and powerful way for users to enjoy their content wherever they go. The new MacBook Pro, available in February, also features Apple's new patent-pending MagSafe magnetic power connector, designed especially for mobile users.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/420.html
retrophonic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive specs, and they didn't skimp on the videocard as I thought they would. I guess the mini will get the single core.
Spitzer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I wish I had money!!!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. I'm glad Apple makes a 7200RPM hard drive available as an option. Hopefully the mini's will have that option in the future.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about ready to place an order. I've waited for these for over a year. I just need to wait for my wife to get home. Laughing
iLife's a Bitch!
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
I'm about ready to place an order. I've waited for these for over a year. I just need to wait for my wife to get home. Laughing

You've had a year to work her over, and you have to wait 'til she comes home Smile
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:

We're all pulling for you!

Man, I know now that this will be my next Mac (hoefully within a year).. It is really loaded (gotta love the video card).. I am sure that there will be hacks to dual-boot this into Windows for gaming....
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I might have to wait a few weeks and do some extra dishes. Laughing

For real though, I wasn't expecting this at all today and money is a little tight after the holidays. This will be my next Mac though. What a sweet machine!
iLife's a Bitch!
ack_mac
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
Thanks guys! I might have to wait a few weeks and do some extra dishes. Laughing

For real though, I wasn't expecting this at all today and money is a little tight after the holidays. This will be my next Mac though. What a sweet machine!

That's alot of dishes....
bsnoel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else notice the lack of FireWire 800? Further evidence that Apple is moving away from the far superior FireWire and opting for the substandard performance of USB 2.0?

Oh well, gotta love every other aspect of the new machine. At least for a while it is going to kick sand in the face of most other laptops.
TheBattler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ack_mac wrote:
g5g5 wrote:

We're all pulling for you!

Man, I know now that this will be my next Mac (hoefully within a year).. It is really loaded (gotta love the video card).. I am sure that there will be hacks to dual-boot this into Windows for gaming....

It can Dual-Boot into Windows, no hack required.

1.42 ghz mini, Bluetooth/Airport, 1gb Ram, Superdrive, 80gb 7200RPM (internal)

60gb 5th gen iPod
bsnoel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long wait begins. Estimated ship date Mid February. I will probably have chewed my fingernails clean off of my fingers by the time the thing arrives.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsnoel wrote:
Anyone else notice the lack of FireWire 800? Further evidence that Apple is moving away from the far superior FireWire and opting for the substandard performance of USB 2.0?

I think Apple is slowly giving up on FireWire all together. Just look at the iPod. Sad
kes601

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will take a lot for Firewire to go away because all or nearly all consumer DV camcorders connect via Firewire.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kes601 wrote:
It will take a lot for Firewire to go away because all or nearly all consumer DV camcorders connect via Firewire.

God help us if the companies that make camcorders start dumping FireWire for USB 2.0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: