Joined: 21 Jan 2005
|Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:45 am Post subject: Microsoft Intros New Outlook for Mac
|Microsoft Intros New Outlook for Mac
Friday, October 31, 2014
Posted by: Staff
Microsoft today announced the release of a new Outlook for Mac users. According to the company, this release delivers improved performance and reliability, as well as a totally new user interface. It also offers a more familiar and consistent experience between Outlook on the PC, Outlook on the web and Outlook Web App (OWA) for iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
The new Outlook for Mac includes:
- Better performance and reliability as a result of a new threading model and database improvements.
- A new modern user interface with improved scrolling and agility when switching between Ribbon tabs.
- Online archive support for searching Exchange (online or on-premises) archived mail.
- Master Category List support and enhancements delivering access to category lists (name and color) and sync between Mac, Windows and OWA clients.
- Office 365 push email support for real-time email delivery.
- Faster first-run and email download experience with improved Exchange Web Services syncing.
The new Outlook for Mac is available to Office 365 commercial customers and Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal and Office 365 University subscribers.