Joined: 25 Oct 2007
|Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:03 pm Post subject: Guide: Installing Window's on a 2006 mac pro
|So this guide is for people having issues installing bootcamp on a non supported macintosh. Some 2006 models all though will run windows and boot camp apple doesn't provide support for boot camp for these models. Because it can get unstable so here is the mac pro guide because i have read in hundreds of forums that people really needed help with this machine.
Thing's you need:
1. A 2006 mac pro
2. A legal licensed copy of windows vista/7/8
3. A hard drive in drive bay four that can be used for windows only
4. The latest version of boot camp for 10.7 10.8(Via sixty four on thirty two) 10.9(via sixty four on thirty two)
5. Go ahead and run boot camp assistant and select the hard drive in bay 4 name it anything insert the windows vista/7/8 disk of your choosing
6. Click restart hold down the power button after the machine shuts down before restart and turn it off.
7. Remove all mac formatted drives from the mac pro you have to or the windows installation will fire back with major error codes.
8. place cover back on mac pro with mac hard drives removed
9. start windows installation
10. select the only hard drive available.
11. format it ntsf
12. install windows and then boot camp drivers
13. once finished turn off the computer remove the cover and replace all of the hard drives.
14. start the computer up let it boot windows or what ever it chooses.
15. from windows select boot camp in control panel on windows click your mac disk and select restart to go back into mac os x mode and enjoy