123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Public Beta of OS X Yosemite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Public Beta of OS X Yosemite Reply with quote

Apple Releases Public Beta of OS X Yosemite
Thusday, July 24, 2014
Posted by: Staff

Apple today began seeding the first public beta of OS X Yosemite. Right now, access is limited to the first million users that sign up for the beta program. The final version of OS X Yosemite is expected in the fall, most likely in the month of October. Users looking to participate in the beta program must sign up with their Apple ID and have OS X Mavericks installed on their Mac. Additional information about the beta program can be found here.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/2116.html
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading now just another 9 hours to go. Smile
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been running Yosemite for a while. It's pretty nice. Most exciting and promising release since perhaps Snow Leopard in my eyes.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what to think of it so far. At first I liked it but the transparent thing not to sure about that especially in finder. Like the icons though and dock. I can't use the beta program wifi has a bug that won't find any networks. I don't have ethernet for some reason that stopped ages ago on me. Maybe if I run permissions repair. I tried to reset the keycahin access from a website i found searching for that problem. You get tons of stuff though that are non related. I actually want to help out but can't if I can't email apple the bugs. A lot of graphic glitches with my machine. I got one report in before it all went to heck on me.

Just a thought a see that Yosemite beta is still in my applications folder. I wonder if I erase my partition I could make another clean install. I wonder if it will stay there. I don't think i've seen that before.

Edit: Erased my partition reinstalled the Beta and it just can't find any networks. Odd thing must be the download.
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but I love dark mode. Cool
24" HP LCD
Apple wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse
2 x 1TB MiniStacks
1TB MiniStack Max
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasshopper wrote:
I don't know, but I love dark mode. Cool

Im starting to myself its really dependent on your background screen. Some look real good. I thought it was just black at first. Finally back online with it experimenting. Taking me awhile to get used to the new safari. Getting there though I like how clean it is. Gonna be a fine release in October I believe the more i play with it. Hope we keep getting updates watch it grow its fun. Smile

Wish I had music in the new iTunes so i could see how it looks. Just an empty shell right now. I want a dark mode dock and normal top tool bar.
amayze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Finkle wrote:
I can't use the beta program wifi has a bug that won't find any networks. [] I actually want to help out but can't if I can't email apple the bugs. A lot of graphic glitches with my machine. I got one report in before it all went to heck on me.

Edit: Erased my partition reinstalled the Beta and it just can't find any networks. Odd thing must be the download.

I'm also on an Early 2009 MacMini. No wireless networks for my either. I thought it was maybe because I'd installed Yosemite over the Mavericks public beta, but I re-installed on a freshly erased partition and the problem persists.

Not sure how to report it to Apple!
mooblie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amayze wrote:
https://www.apple.com/feedback/
amayze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mooblie wrote:
amayze wrote:
https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Thanks! Feedback sent.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my computer the issue was a bit complicated, because my mini only has wifi. I did find a solution for my problem though.

Amayze you could do what I did to get wifi running not sure it will work for you but it did me. You need to download a couple things on a working wifi network that is bootable. Preferably a Mavericks boot. You must be able to access these downloads from your Yosemite boot as well.

Download Kext Utility. Then download a certain kext zip you will drag into the Kext utility. You must run the Kext utility first on Yosemite, and then drag a specific kext to it after it's running. I downloaded all mine to my working Mavericks partition, and then accessed them right from Yosemite from the finder. Just opened them up and they worked in Yosemite. I would imagine you could access them from an external drive as well as long as they show up in your finder. It takes time for the Kext Utility to run it's permissions repairs so bare with it.

Here is the kext utility app.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/140647-latest-kext-utility-mavericks-super-speed-edition/

Here is the kext zip you drag in the utility once it's running.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4v4a4r

Make sure you have both downloads before you try it.

Hope that helps. It was the first time I ever used that utility but it got me back up and running. You also may need to reboot after you run it. Might want to turn wifi off as well then back on. Not sure it's necessary though. Good luck.

I reported it to apple from Yosemite, and they ran the diagnostic test which was sent. I also told them what I did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: