123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipad Air or IPad 4th generation?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MrMini
Member
Member


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 176
Location: USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Ipad Air or IPad 4th generation? Reply with quote

I have sold my Ipad Mini and getting the Ipad Air or IPad 4th generation, which is better in web surfing, ESPN sports/videos and mail? I have read some people have problems with the Air screen turns yellow..
_________________
IMac 20 " Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 5985
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of any issues with the air screens. I'm sure you will find isolated issues on the net and some idiot that has returned 4 iPads to apple. This seems to happen with each version.

In my option the air is better in every way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3100
Location: North West - UK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my wife an air as a christmas present. In fact she had nicked my Macbook Pro when I finished uni a few years ago and was very happy with that. So when I said I was treating her to an iPad Air she said I was wasting my money and she'd never use it. However I think someone must have put super glue on the back of it or something as its never out of her hand Razz

4 months in its used every day for hours on end and the screen looks amazing. No complaints here.


I've been considering an iPad Mini ? as my original iPad 1 is too old now and bulky. I'm really struggling to pick between the Mini and the Air. I don't want the bulk of the full iPad, but th iPhone screen is too small to be useful for me, I'm at an age where I need glasses but don't wear them all the time and sometimes the iPhone is just too small. I fancy the mini for its size but wonder if my iPhone text issues will be the same on the mini as my eyes get worse as they are bond to do. So that pushes me back to the Air to have the bigger display. What were your issues with the Mini ?
_________________
Phil

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrMini
Member
Member


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 176
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I bought my wife an air as a christmas present. In fact she had nicked my Macbook Pro when I finished uni a few years ago and was very happy with that. So when I said I was treating her to an iPad Air she said I was wasting my money and she'd never use it. However I think someone must have put super glue on the back of it or something as its never out of her hand Razz

4 months in its used every day for hours on end and the screen looks amazing. No complaints here.


I've been considering an iPad Mini ? as my original iPad 1 is too old now and bulky. I'm really struggling to pick between the Mini and the Air. I don't want the bulk of the full iPad, but th iPhone screen is too small to be useful for me, I'm at an age where I need glasses but don't wear them all the time and sometimes the iPhone is just too small. I fancy the mini for its size but wonder if my iPhone text issues will be the same on the mini as my eyes get worse as they are bond to do. So that pushes me back to the Air to have the bigger display. What were your issues with the Mini ?



I liked it but too small to read and watch videos (MLB), and the price on them went way down. So I just sold mine with some warranty left, and got a fair price..I would suggest the Air or 4th generation with a Clamcase Pro keyboard..
_________________
IMac 20 " Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3100
Location: North West - UK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMini wrote:
I would suggest the Air or 4th generation with a Clamcase Pro keyboard..



I was looking at the mini for something lightweight and portable, the clam shell doesn't really suit that and I think going for the Air and a Clamshell Pro it looks like it would be heavier and more bulky than a Macbook Air or maybe even a small Macbook Pro Surprised
_________________
Phil

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrMini
Member
Member


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 176
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
MrMini wrote:
I would suggest the Air or 4th generation with a Clamcase Pro keyboard..



I was looking at the mini for something lightweight and portable, the clam shell doesn't really suit that and I think going for the Air and a Clamshell Pro it looks like it would be heavier and more bulky than a Macbook Air or maybe even a small Macbook Pro Surprised



I suggest go to the store and look at the Mini before you buy..
_________________
IMac 20 " Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3100
Location: North West - UK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played with them in store a while back but its having one which you use everyday that highlights its failings. When I bought the Air at christmas we spent ages in the Apple store playing with both the Mini and the Air. My wife couldn't make her mind up which she would prefer. She also had a hard time picking what colour cover she wanted as well, but thats another story. In the end I gave up and asking her to pick one and just bought the Air. I knew she would mainly use it at home so the large screen would be better for a device that wouldn't leave the house.

I will have to have another trip out to the Apple Store when I finally decide to buy, although I have a birthday coming up in just over three weeks so I guess I might end up buying one around then.
_________________
Phil

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrMini
Member
Member


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 176
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get from Apple refurbished store a lot cheeper..
_________________
IMac 20 " Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPhone, iPod touch and iPad All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



      

Shop:  Apple Store  |  Refurbished Macs  |  Refurbished iPads  |  MacConnection  |  Mac Mini Vault  |  Other World Computing

MK 1 Studio Mac mini Racks  |  Crucial Mac Memory  |  Top Free Mac Apps  |  Top Paid Mac Apps



123Macmini.com is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or approved by Apple Computer, Inc.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2011 123Macmini.com. All Rights Reserved.