123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi folks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigbadbugga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Hi folks Reply with quote

New user here, currently using a rather ancient (2007) White MacBook.

Like others I'm going nuts awaiting a new Mac mini release, I've had to get the wife to hide the credit card to stop me caving in and buying the current one Very Happy

Anyway, I surf the net mostly using an iPad Air so it's not really that urgent.

First names John, into old Volkswagens (hence the username)

Cool
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi folks Reply with quote

Bigbadbugga wrote:
New user here, currently using a rather ancient (2007) White MacBook.

Like others I'm going nuts awaiting a new Mac mini release, I've had to get the wife to hide the credit card to stop me caving in and buying the current one Very Happy

Anyway, I surf the net mostly using an iPad Air so it's not really that urgent.

First names John, into old Volkswagens (hence the username)

Cool
Welcome here. I would not hold my breath about any new mac mini coming out soon.
Bigbadbugga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Hi folks Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
Welcome here. I would not hold my breath about any new mac mini coming out soon.

I'm well aware it might be a while, but I'm waiting to see if they release one at the WWDC in June, if they don't then ill probably just buy the current one.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John

Welcome to the forum.

I suspect a new Mini will be announced at some point "soon ??" but I think it might be a bit close to the Mac Pro launch for Apple's liking, so they might just delay it a bit. A Mac Mini with the latest CPU's, SSD's and plenty of ram might just give the Mac Pro's a run for their money and hurt the sales of the Mac Pro's.

I've been looking at the Mini as well as its due an overall so it may be worth hanging on for. Although I guess your Macbook isn't the best machine to sit around and wait with. All mine are getting a bit long in the tooth as well, but they still perform pretty well so I'm biding my time and seeing what appears before deciding what to buy next. I've just been setting back up my iiMac this weekend as my mini has become a bit of a snail recently. The iMac always seems much faster even though on paper its a much slower machine. I think my Mini's HDD is the bottleneck so I may well through an SSD in it whilst I wait for Apples next offerings.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: