123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back up question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockysv wrote:
Should i leave the HD hooked up all the time ?

It really comes down to how valuable your new data is to you. Time Machine will do a back-up once per hour if the drive is plugged in and mounted.

If you remove or unmount the drive, Time Machine will remind you to back-up every few weeks. All you have to do is plug/replug the drive into the USB port and Time Machine will do it's thing.
Rockysv

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill
how can i tell if the HD has backed up everything ?

When i first got the Seagate--it said to get the os from it's web site --but as soon as i plugged it in --Timemachine just started with a few questions --and it started backing up --

i don't know if i did it right ?

It said it was backing up 46 G --but my HD shows 66 G

Did time Machine copy everything ?
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockysv wrote:
It said it was backing up 46 G --but my HD shows 66 G

Did time Machine copy everything ?

I'd have to look at your machine to see exactly what is where, but my guess is that the 66GB on your internal drive includes your recovery partition. Time Machine won't back it up.

Do you have AppleCare on your computer? If so, I would contact AppleCare phone support. If you give them permission they can remotely access your computer and verify that the back-up worked.

I don't know enough about exactly what Time Machine backs up to give you a solid answer.
Rockysv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill
Thanks

When i click on the Seagate drive --right next to the HD in the Mini
there are 6 files --but when i click on them -- nothing comes up -

I would think you could see what's in the folders
RoyWarneka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of car remote signal blocker as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: