123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Does The Mac Mini Still Exist?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arthousemuse

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Get real! The Mac Mini will always be...I hope. Reply with quote

As a Mac newbie I want to say that I am blown way by how stable and fast the new Mac Minis are for music production. Even an older Mini I bought for $30.00 took me a long way using Pro Tools LE. Now I have two new Minis, loving it and plan to give my PCs way to some less fortunate friends.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Get real! The Mac Mini will always be...I hope. Reply with quote

arthousemuse wrote:
As a Mac newbie I want to say that I am blown way by how stable and fast the new Mac Minis are for music production. Even an older Mini I bought for $30.00 took me a long way using Pro Tools LE. Now I have two new Minis, loving it and plan to give my PCs way to some less fortunate friends.
The mac mini is an all around stable and reliable machine. better than the MBP or MBA they make.I had them all.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Get real! The Mac Mini will always be...I hope. Reply with quote

marv777 wrote:
The mac mini is an all around stable and reliable machine. better than the MBP or MBA they make.I had them all.

The battery life on the mini must be amazing then if its better than a MBP or MBA and the display must be really good, and the mini must be so light and easy to carry around...
Cheers I'm off to buy one for my commute to work Razz

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Get real! The Mac Mini will always be...I hope. Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
marv777 wrote:

The battery life on the mini must be amazing then if its better than a MBP or MBA and the display must be really good, and the mini must be so light and easy to carry around...
Cheers I'm off to buy one for my commute to work Razz
Best choice yet to buy one of these machines.
mooblie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head, over, joke, gone...

Re-arrange these words into a well-known phrase or saying. Smile
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mooblie wrote:
Head, over, joke, gone...

Razz

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
snolan

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: The Mini and the Pro are the only headless Macs Reply with quote

The answer is really simple, some of us like to run our Macs as servers without a monitor attached at all... The Mini and the Pro both allow that, but the Pro costs so much more.

A totally different reason, budget computing for those who must have a Mac and already own keyboard, monitor, and mouse.

Another totally different reason, we simply want a machine for email, web, music, photos, and video playback - perhaps this is a second machine or a machine in our family room for the kids to play with... Mini's serve this purpose fabulously. iMacs do too, but they take up more space, power, and budget... and minis are easier to work on.

I have a MacBook Air for mobility.
I have an iMac for big desktop use (though it is getting old and I will likely replace it with a Mini soon).
I have four Minis I use as servers; the oldest is on loan to my niece, the next oldest is running Snow Leopard and L2TP VPN Server, the next oldest is a desktop machine that is better than my iMac; and the newest is my media library for my house serving music and photos and movies through iTunes, iPhoto and SMB file shares that I can see from XBMC on my hacked AppleTVs. The Minis are the mainstay of the house.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mini exists for Apple to make money. But I'll guess that a lot of the money Apple makes with the Mini is from newcomers to the Apple walled garden with most of the cash coming from their later purchases of iPods, iPhones, iPads and Store items.

Keeping the Mini price well below any iMac or Apple notebook hooks people who otherwise would never step into the garden.

Let's see: apples, garden, temptation; surely there's a Biblical analogy here somewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: