123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ordered New Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Ordered New Mini Reply with quote

Just bought a new 2.3 Mini and it should be here next week.

Currently using late 2009 2.53 mini and have a clone on an external HD. What is the easiest way to move everything over to my new Mini?

Was thinking of updating my clone and then just drag everything that I want over to the new Mini. Does Mavericks have Migration Assistant?

Any suggestions welcomed.
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Mavericks has Migration Assistant. You can either use that or cloning software, but MA is better because it will move over your registration and preference files without touching the new system.
Doug

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fox. Can use Migration Assistant on individual apps or do I have to do all my apps at once?

I've had my 2009 Mini for almost 5 years now and I'm sure it's got a lot of junk on it that I don't want to move over to my new Mini.
sje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote against using Migration Assistant, except possibly for copying some system settings.

Getting a new Mac is a very good excuse for setting up a clean system with only the stuff you really want to be copied.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: