123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking deal on refurbished backup hard drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacUser_Since_1986

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Seeking deal on refurbished backup hard drive Reply with quote

I'm currently on a really tight budget. So tight that my immediate need must be met by refurbished gear.

My small family business office's needs have outgrown an aging La Cie hard drive that we used for backup purposes for a couple of computers (Macs). I must now seek out a bargain on a newer, much larger hard drive to be used as a Time Machine backup drive to protect our office's data.

La Cie is a name I've had very good luck with in recent years, but I'm not fussy. La Cie's outlet for refurbished gear has been posting some outstanding deals over the past month; unfortunately I haven't been able to move quickly enough to buy the best deal I found there. Back in mid-December, the outlet store had a d2 external hard drive, 4 terabytes, USB 3, for $119 plus free shipping. I could kick myself for not moving fast enough on that deal, as it would've been perfect for my needs.

The La Cie outlet still has some deals, though. They are currently offering a 3TB Porsche Design Pí9233 Desktop USB 3.0 drive for $89. Not as much capacity as I would prefer, but still impressive.

I posted here today to see if anyone knew of any other factory-reconditioned external desktop hard drives in the 3 to 4 terabyte range that I could find on the market. It doesn't have to be La Cie.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

-- MacUser_Since_1986
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: