Joined: 28 Jun 2011
|Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 am Post subject: update
|A few months ago I discovered that with Winclone you can put a bootcamp installation on a second drive into UEFI. My base mac mini 2012 now boots in approx 17 seconds into windows 8.1. Have not had any issues with this.
edit: The steps to achieve this:
- Install Windows 8.1 as normal through Bootcamp assistant and check it works.
Afterwards do the following:
- Boot in Windows
- Run msconfig (right click far left bottom corner of desktop then left click run, type msconfig).
- Click boot tab, mark safe boot, restart in OS X
- Under OS X apply patchedcode.bin. (use Google and search for the instructions for this)
- Reboot, Windows boots in safe mode.
- Run msconfig again, boot tab unmark safe boot, restart PC.
- Check in Windows that it is running in AHCI mode. (once again Google is your friend)
- Reboot in OS X
- Use Winclone to activate UEFI.
- Run MSinfo32 and under Boot you should see UEFI