123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple TV adds Vevo, Weather, Smithsonian and Disney Channels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Apple TV adds Vevo, Weather, Smithsonian and Disney Channels Reply with quote

Apple TV adds Vevo, Weather, Smithsonian and Disney Channels
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Posted by: Staff

Apple released an update today for the Apple TV that adds several new channels to its lineup of programming. This includes the Vevo music channel, the Weather Channel, the Smithsonian Channel, the Disney Channel, and Disney XD. This brings the total amount of channels available on the device to around 20. Earlier this summer, the device saw HBO GO, Watch ESPN, SkyNews, Crunchyroll and Qello channels added to its lineup or programming.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/2045.html
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of a shame, we've all but, abandoned our Apple TV's. We only use them to stream the content from my main iMac that has several terabytes of media on it. Otherwise we use our ROKU players...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same, I only use the Apple TV nowadays for occasional streaming from the iMac or for Airplay from my iPad. I probably use it for Plex mostly but it doesn't support it natively, I did jailbreak it but I've restored it now. Snow I tend to run Plex on my iPad which streams off my NAS drive via the iMac and then from the iPad I airplay the content back to the Apple TV.

I don't use the Apple TV for anything its meant to do. Razz

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Netflix these days. I like their model best of all. You pay $7.99 a month to watch everything. The rest of these are nice, but most are still tied to having a subscription to those channels on cable or satellite. That doesn't help the ultimate goal of cutting the cord in my books. I think the company that offers a full live streaming lineup and on-demand of what like DirecTV offers is going to win this game. Price it under $50 a month and people will flock to the service. I know that I would.
iLife's a Bitch!
Rightondamark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for new content, but I just read on the Plex forums that this update breaks PlexConnect. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: