123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logitech Intros Ultrathin Touch Mouse for Mac
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigaguy wrote:
I'll have the check out this new mouse. Logitech knows how to improve on apple and no mo' batteries.

They really do now. They take the basic features and expand and improve on them. Then they pretty much match the price or come close.
gigaguy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know the real diff between the black one for PC and the white one for Mac. Specs look the same, would the gestures not be compatible?
I like the black one for my Mac Mini. I'll ask Logitech I guess.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has asked the question on logitech's blog and the answer appears to be they can both be used on either OS

Quote:
Damian August 28, 2013 at 07:09
Can I get a white version of the ‘ultrathin touch mouse’ and it for windows? Or is the white varient tuned specifially and exclusively for Mac?

Logitech August 28, 2013 at 07:12
Hello Damian, you can either color and it will still work with either OS.

http://blog.logitech.com/2013/08/28/logitech-introduces-sleek-new-mouse-designed-to-complement-your-ultrabook-or-macbook/

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
gigaguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THank you, I looked over the support forum and did a search, didn't look at the blogs, would have been nice to see on the actual page for the mice.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't match up as nice with Apple keyboards, but I like the black mouse better. I would love to see Apple dump the white keys on their keyboards now. A keyboard with black keys would look so much nicer with all of their products. Especially with the new Mac Pro, Mac mini and iMac.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Keys Shocked is that the colour there supposed to be Embarassed

I think mines looking a bit grubby after 6 or so years of use Sad

Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to clean my keyboard with Lysol wipes every few months. It only takes a minute or so. It kills the germs and makes he keyboard keys feel fresh again. I'm not a fan of dead skin build up Smile
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the same, but it does look like I should do it again.. SOON Embarassed

WheelSpinners
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Apple make an aluminum keyboard with black backlit keys.
gigaguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, the logitech KB is better than Apple's. I used Apple's KB for years.
The bt switching instantly from Mac to ipad is nice too. None of that pairing and unpairing nonsense over and over, or battery mess. Loading an unloading batteries in my Magic Mouse wore out the battery door latch. the rechargeble battery in the Logitech kb lasts a long time.
gigaguy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the Logitech ultrathin Mouse in black. Amazed at the high quality heavy plastic display case it came in. (save that cost for something more useful, ie. the Apple influence, I guess). Works fine except I can not make it do the zoom gesture. Other stock gestures seem to work fine. It comes with software similar to the Apple mouse one, with videos in the menu to show gestures. Anyone else have one to test? I think it is a software problem. I talked to their support people and filed the info with them.

Not sure if it's a keeper since I use zoom a lot, but also, the super small form factor is giving me some arm pain from my hand having to do a lot of work to hold onto it. Your fingers have to do all the work, you can't use your palm to control or rest cause it's too short, it only fits under your fingers and is so flat. I guess it was not intended for home use. I thought it was their version of the Magic Mouse but I guess it is not. I'll have to see what they have in a fuller size.

I am sofa surfing, it's a little better on a hard surface. Probably best for light use and portability, and no, I have no reason to carry a mouse in my pocket... It's 2/3 the length of the MM and flatter, width is about the same. nice heavy feel tho. Nice materials.
I love the rechargeable battery. Really tired of always loading and charging batteries in my Magic Mouse.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigaguy wrote:
It's 2/3 the length of the MM and flatter, width is about the same. nice heavy feel tho.

I'm not for the smaller or flatter, but it sounds pretty decent. Are you keeping it?
gigaguy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the early arm strain it gave me has subsided, but I'm not happy that the zoom gesture does not work. since I'm a 10 footer to the HDTV I use zoom. If it is a software flaw, I hope to see Logitech fix it.

the build quality and materials are first rate and the rechargeability is great. way better than the Magic Mouse in those regards. plus I also use Logitechs backlit BT keyboard, which is excellent also, and recharges.
Y-Guy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I like the scroll wheel on that mouse. It's like on a metal ball bearing and silky smooth, right?

Yep, I love that aspect of it too. For forums the smooth scroll is great, for gaming I click it over to the notched scroll to keep things in place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: