123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holy Moly! I'm still in the top 10 posters!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Holy Moly! I'm still in the top 10 posters! Reply with quote

Hey all, I haven't been on here in FOREVER! Life has just gotten too busy! Got married! Got a new house! Started a second company! PHEW!

Hope all is well here and I see some of the "oldies" are still posting, glad to see this forum still doing well. As it turns out, I've been a member for 7 YEARS! That's the longest I've been a member of ANY forum. Go Me! Laughing

Hopefully, I'll be back more often now....

BTW, I still have a TON of macs, and a few Mac Mini's Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to see you back Hackersmovie. Hopefully you do come back more often.

The entire forum is slower than it used to be when many of the regulars, regularly posted, so you will probably remain in the top 10 for quite some time yet.

I think what happened is a lot of the top posters were seasoned PC users, when the mini came out we bought one and made the switch. Of course we had to learn everything we could about them and we did. We're all well beyond the learning curve, so now we come back every once in a while or when new events take place.

I don't think this forum will every be what it used to be, because the mini can never be "new" to the Apple family, even if it does get updates.

Personally I think this is still the best Mac forum on the internet for general Mac and Mac mini discussion.

The next big forum of course will be new MacPro users.
I'll still come here though. Smile

Last edited by Bandit Bill on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smithcraft
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you hackersmovie!

I hope to see more from you, as I'm closing in on your post count and I need a challenge!

SC

[Desktop] Intel mini - 2.16Ghz 2GB 60GB HDD - Newer miniStack v2 500GB - 10.5.8

[Media System] Intel i5 mini - 2.33Ghz 8GB 500GB HDD - 4 x Hitachi 2TB HDD in a qBOX-SF - 10.7.5 (Thanks Phil!)

Make sure it has pins!
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He lives! Smile

Does this mean we are on for another Christmas tree battle?

Glad to see you are doing well. I moved from New York down close to Atlanta. I would have never imagined that all those years ago. I'm still here all the time. I just don't post as much these days. Cause I'm always running around after kids or fixing things.

I also think Apple has grown boring since Steve Jobs passed away. It's hard to talk about anything new. I'm actually more excited with Android and Windows touch screen systems these days. Shocked

We bought a Samsung all-in-one that has become our kitchen computer. Our daughter is on the thing all of the time. Painting with Fresh Paint and playing games. I basically use it for music streaming to different parts of the house.

Edit: BTW: It would be awesome to have a meet up with some of you guys. Especially after all these years of participating here. I was among the first people to join here after seeing it mentioned on another forum. I can't remember if it was MacNN or Macrumors.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you back hackersmovie. Cool

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
It's good to see you back Hackersmovie. Hopefully you do come back more often.

The entire forum is slower than it used to be when many of the regulars, regularly posted, so you will probably remain in the top 10 for quite some time yet.

I think what happened is a lot of the top posters were seasoned PC users, when the mini came out we bought one and made the switch. Of course we had to learn everything we could about them and we did. We're all well beyond the learning curve, so now we come back every once in a while or when new events take place.

I don't think this forum will every be what it used to be, because the mini can never be "new" to the Apple family, even if it does get updates.

Personally I think this is still the best Mac forum on the internet for general Mac and Mac mini discussion.

The next big forum of course will be new MacPro users.
I'll still come here though. Smile

I'm gonna try to come back more often BB.

I do agree about the Mini not being new again, of course only really re-designing it once in about 7 years is probably not helping things....

I agree, this is the best Mac/Apple forum out there. I've always gauged my experience at other forums with this one and there is simply no comparison. I find there are normally some really rude and obtuse people out there just wanting to spew their venom.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithcraft wrote:
Good to see you hackersmovie!

I hope to see more from you, as I'm closing in on your post count and I need a challenge!

SC

hey SC, I'm gonna give you a run for your money! Having been in the Top 10 for almost 6 years, I'm not gonna let it go easily!
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
He lives! Smile

Does this mean we are on for another Christmas tree battle?

Glad to see you are doing well. I moved from New York down close to Atlanta. I would have never imagined that all those years ago. I'm still here all the time. I just don't post as much these days. Cause I'm always running around after kids or fixing things.

I also think Apple has grown boring since Steve Jobs passed away. It's hard to talk about anything new. I'm actually more excited with Android and Windows touch screen systems these days. Shocked

We bought a Samsung all-in-one that has become our kitchen computer. Our daughter is on the thing all of the time. Painting with Fresh Paint and playing games. I basically use it for music streaming to different parts of the house.

Edit: BTW: It would be awesome to have a meet up with some of you guys. Especially after all these years of participating here. I was among the first people to join here after seeing it mentioned on another forum. I can't remember if it was MacNN or Macrumors.

Ahhh Devo, old friend, how you been!

yes, PREPARE FOR BATTLE! The Griswolds are BACK, JACK! (Duck Dynasty Fan Here)

Running around after kids, fixing things, working my tail off, same here...

Shame on you for even muttering the words Micro$oft Twisted Evil Android I can understand and let slide.... (I'm on a Lenovo Laptop with Ubuntu on it right now Very Happy )

I'd be game for a meet up! I'm in Maryland but, I can travel a bit, put it together, Devo!
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Good to see you back hackersmovie. Cool

Thanks Cypher, nice to see so many of the old 'regulars' are still around. This IS the best forum on the web, hands down.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hackersmovie wrote:

Ahhh Devo, old friend, how you been!

Good. We moved down south and love it. Mostly been restoring a home over the last year. It's gone well too. I've also learned a lot in the process. I mean, I've practically redone everything. From the sub-floors up.

hackersmovie wrote:
yes, PREPARE FOR BATTLE! The Griswolds are BACK, JACK! (Duck Dynasty Fan Here)

Game on! We are going to have a big tree this year. Our family room now has 14' ceilings.

Dude, that is my favorite show. I even tried to get Bandit to start watching it. Not sure if he ever did though.

Si is just awesome! I love the season premier the other night. Especially the ending where he said it's almost like we are brothers...

It's like the only show I watch now. Well, that an football. I actually have a team to root for now too in the Atlanta Falcons.

hackersmovie wrote:
Running around after kids, fixing things, working my tail off, same here...!

I'm a proud papa of two now. How many do you have again?

hackersmovie wrote:
I'd be game for a meet up! I'm in Maryland but, I can travel a bit, put it together, Devo!

Let me think about that one. Would anyone else be game?
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
Dude, that is my favorite show. I even tried to get Bandit to start watching it. Not sure if he ever did though.

You got me watching it Smile

I love it too. I think Si is a scream and Jase is also very funny, its good to see its back on again Smile

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
devo wrote:

You got me watching it Smile

I love it too. I think Si is a scream and Jase is also very funny, its good to see its back on again Smile

I still don't watch it. I tried watching 2 or so episodes. I just don't think it's funny (same with the commercials for it). There is so much stuff on TV nowadays... even if it was something I'd eventually grow to like... I'll live without it. Thanks though.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Hackers!

I never miss an episode of Duck Dynasty. It's my favorite reality show on TV. My favorite comedies are Big Bang Theory and Modern Family. Dramas would be Game of Thrones and True Blood.
iLife's a Bitch!
hackersmovie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g5g5 wrote:
Welcome back Hackers!

I never miss an episode of Duck Dynasty. It's my favorite reality show on TV. My favorite comedies are Big Bang Theory and Modern Family. Dramas would be Game of Thrones and True Blood.

Thanks g5g5! I'm with you on TBBT but, that's about all I watch...
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
I still don't watch it. I tried watching 2 or so episodes. I just don't think it's funny (same with the commercials for it). There is so much stuff on TV nowadays... even if it was something I'd eventually grow to like... I'll live without it. Thanks though.

Well, at least you liked Lucky Louie. Laughing

What shows are you into these days?

I like Big Bang Theory as well.

Robin Williams has a new show coming on this fall that might be good. Beyond that one, I'm not sure of anything else new.

House Of Cards was decent on Netflix. I'm not sure when they are coming back with a second season though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: