123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airport Express ( device not found)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Airport Express ( device not found) Reply with quote

Since I noticed a firmware update that I downloaded I been having problems connecting to my airport. Now it just wont at all. I have no idea what I am doing I started everything over from scratch. Got my extreme to work but can't figure out how to use my express again just for itunes airplay. Any help would be appreciated.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it to work after hours I have no idea what i did different other than letting the express sit awhile unplugged before I tried to factory reset it for the tenth time. Wow I hope I don't have to deal with that again. I'm so glad I still had the old utility to work with, or I do not think I could of got it working.
Grover Time

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the Airport Utility in your utilities folder. Connect to the Airport Express. Then go to the Music tab or panel. Do you have Airplay enabled?
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grover Time wrote:
Open the Airport Utility in your utilities folder. Connect to the Airport Express. Then go to the Music tab or panel. Do you have Airplay enabled?

I couldn't do any of that there were no options it wasn't showing up in one utility, and the other it just said device not found or something. That's what was frustrating not being able to really do anything. Just being able to poke around a little I think I could of solved it sooner.
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If mine starts acting up or goes missing, I do a factory reset and then restart my DSL modem. That seems to get things working for me right away.
iLife's a Bitch!
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I did that as well but I am not sure in that order. Everything off at one time. Heres a first for me today. I had the tunes going and forgot. I noticed there wasn't anything playing yet there was on the computer for an hour or so. Green lights on everything no errors. LOL I just clicked on the iTunes "2" speakers, and unchecked it then checked it back. It came back on then.
Ray Finkle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my mini hard wired to my extreme router. I keep getting internet connection drop outs now after that update. I bought a new ethernet cable a cat 6. It was set to automatic but that won't even connect now. I got to set it to 10baseT/ full duplex. Its the only one that works and drops out a lot.

Actually just dropped out when I went to click submit. I can't think of anything else to do. Should I try reseting PRAM or SMC? Would I loose any settings?

Edit: I downgraded the firmware one update see how that goes. Still can't connect automatically though. I hovered my mouse over the firmware number and clicked option(from keyboard) then click the mouse for a menu to access the firmware I wanted. From there you can get what is available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Networking All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: