123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini Shipping Times Slip to 5-7 Days
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazer wrote:
I'll be sitting out this round, but it will still be interesting to see what they do with the Mac mini. Next to the 13" rMBP, the Mac mini is still my favorite Mac.

I like iMacs the best now (I have a 21.5" late 2012 iMac and a 24" 2009 model). I prefer the clean setup. I use my iPad with 4G LTE when out and about. I rarely leave home without it (no iPhone). Apple TV handles my home theatre needs.

I still like Mac minis and I may get another one down the road some time. They are the most flexible and affordable Mac. They introduced me to the Mac World and if I were new to Mac, I'd get one. Apple did a good job getting me hooked on Apple products by offering an affordable mini. This is why I think Apple should introduce a $499 mini again. It will bring a lot mor people into the Mac World. It will also help keep some of us who are due for upgrades.
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
This is why I think Apple should introduce a $499 mini again. It will bring a lot more people into the Mac World. It will also help keep some of us who are due for upgrades.

I totally agree. A $499 Mac mini would make a lot of people happy. It would also help with switchers. Heck, there are a lot of people out there unhappy with Windows 8. It could also help Apple with market share, which seems to have stalled again. I also think it would be smart for them to introduce a new 13" MacBook in the $750 price range. That would most definitely help. It also gives them some wiggle room when it comes to the expense of putting a retina display in the MacBook Air.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
RickB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ship times are back to 24 hours now. False alarm?
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Rumors Reply with quote

RickB wrote:
The ship times are back to 24 hours now. False alarm?
Silly rumors going around as usual.
lumberjack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest mini is over two years old and it should be time to buy now. However, unless Apple introduces a more radical design, a simple processor update will not do.

If I was in the Apple's design section, It would be very hard to resist coming up with a vertical, mini tower, smaller Mac Pro design ( 25.1cm high x 16.8 cm base ).

Apple must take on board that they need to continually innovate because the competition are getting better all of time and it won't take Samsung ( more than capable and motivated to copy ) much time to produce a smaller copy of Apple's yet to be released Mac Pro.
lumberjack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it, the current mini motherboard will sit vertically inside the new Mac Pro cylinder.

The vertical cooling arrangement makes a lot more sense than mini's arrangement where the air flow has to double back on itself through a fan that copes by increasing spin speed.

In at the bottom and out at the top is the way to go.
Grasshopper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjack wrote:
In at the bottom and out at the top is the way to go.

I think the current models do well, but I agree. It could lead to a more effective way of cooling without as much reliance on the fan. I mean, heat rises. That's the natural flow of thermodynamics.

BTW: The regular models have moved back to 24 hours, but the server model is still showing 5-7 days.
24" HP LCD
Apple wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse
2 x 1TB MiniStacks
1TB MiniStack Max
castaway

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasshopper wrote:
[BTW: The regular models have moved back to 24 hours, but the server model is still showing 5-7 days.

All models are showing 5-7 business days here in the UK.
idave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really hoping for an update, but most Apple stores around the world having it shipping in 24 hours again. Sad
2.0GHz Core 2 Duo Mac mini '09 (sold)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Mac mini
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: