123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Griffin Technology PowerMate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Gear Guide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Griffin Technology PowerMate Reply with quote

Product: Griffin Technology PowerMate
Category: Audio

Summary:
PowerMate is the coolest volume knob your computer has ever seen, but it's so much more. You can use it to edit home movies or scroll through long documents or create your next audio masterpiece. How can PowerMate be this cool? Because it's an assignable controller that you can program to do anything you want, in any application. Customize it to your needs and go wild!

Made of high-quality machined aluminum, PowerMate feels like a solid volume knob pulled right off the front of a world-class stereo. Its heavy weight and tactile feel are a welcome departure from typical plastic USB peripherals.

PowerMate functions beautifully as a convenient volume knob and mute button for music listening on your Mac mini. But that’s just the beginning of PowerMate’s possibilities. Edit movies just like the pros with PowerMate functioning as your very own Jog/Shuttle wheel. Spin PowerMate to scroll through footage and push the integrated button to cut out unwanted pieces. Use it in audio production to jump from track to track, adjusting volume levels as you go. PowerMate makes editing anything from home movies to your next demo a breeze. It even comes preset to work with iMovie, FinalCut Pro and GarageBand right out of the box! [List Price: $45.00]

cbates139

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Increasing resolution Reply with quote

Not sure if this should be an OS X question, an iTunes question, or one for this topic.

I recently obtained a Griffin Powermate that I intend on using primarily with iTunes for a volume control.

I notice that rather than an analog adjustment of volume, the device simply sends a key sequence (as if you hit the 'up volume' key once on the keyboard.)

Since there are 10 levels of volume available, the powermate does the job, however it lacks the finesse that a true analog would provide.

Is there any way to increase the levels of volume in an application? (e.g. if there were 100 levels of volume, the powermate would act more like an analog, allowing for finer-tuning.)

Thanks.

Courtland
Hayward, CA
Frecklefacecase

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got mine for 29 at a closing of some small computer store. I got it home and I HATED it from the start. The drivers SUCKED switching between apps didn't work at all. I had to changed the setting every time. Well thats my take on it, but to each his own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Gear Guide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: