123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Hard Drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Free Hard Drive Reply with quote

My 27" iMacs HD died, Time Machine saved my ass. So Apple Care expired & Mikes AASP in Manhattan, Most of them worked for Apple & there no waiting.

So total was $300 for the drive & restoring everything! not bad, at least no data recovering charges $500-$600

When the tech goes to put the work order in, he said you win a free Hard Drive from apple.
Thats the 2nd free HD apple sent me Wink
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Hard Drive Reply with quote

tales wrote:
My 27" iMacs HD died, Time Machine saved my ass. So Apple Care expired & Mikes AASP in Manhattan, Most of them worked for Apple & there no waiting.

So total was $300 for the drive & restoring everything! not bad, at least no data recovering charges $500-$600

When the tech goes to put the work order in, he said you win a free Hard Drive from apple.
Thats the 2nd free HD apple sent me Wink
You are a lucky man.
epic_ed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was either one a part of the Apple Seagate recall? I had one fail in an iMac that was covered in the replacement program. I ended up selling it afterwards, but was thankful for it being covered at the time.
tales
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epic_ed wrote:
Was either one a part of the Apple Seagate recall? I had one fail in an iMac that was covered in the replacement program. I ended up selling it afterwards, but was thankful for it being covered at the time.

Sorry, let me clear things up. I thank you guys for putting up with my grammar all these years Very Happy

The drive was free, NOT the repair & recovery
I dont think so, when i checked the recall ended. Besides The recall would have covered the whole repair, there was a 45 day extension on the recall, i missed that date also.

I think its a drive from that program, that would have saved around $50 after the instillation & backup install

I called the repair shop and went with another drive, for the extra $50 I can keep my old drive. And the skeletons in the closet.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Hard Drive Reply with quote

tales wrote:
Mikes AASP in Manhattan

You're making me homesick. Laughing

I'm glad to hear that you got it fixed. I've always had good luck with hard drives. In fact... I've only ever had one die a premature death on me. Which was actually a Seagate in one of my first Intel-based Mac minis. And luckily it was replaced while under warranty, so I didn't have to worry about it.

Your grammar and mine both! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: