123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cannot fax directly from my mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maurice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: cannot fax directly from my mini Reply with quote

Hi,

I can send a fax from a printed page, using my HP Officejet printer, but I cannot send it directly from my Mini. When I look at my external modem it says it is not connected.
I don't know how to connect it, but I noticed that I did send some faxes last year from the ext. modem Can anyone please give me a push?

maurice
Intel core 2 duo mini, Snow leopard.
geeji

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

System Settings / Printers and fax : check your fax modem is in the list.
Otherwise, add it with "+" (bottom left).
Afterwards you should be able to fax/print.
maurice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My External Modem is listed in Sys Pref > Print & Fax "īn use"

Mac Help says:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click Network.
2. Choose your modem service, such as Internal Modem or External Modem, from the network connection services list. (No such choice: On the left hand side only the following are listed: AirPort connected, Ethernet Not connected, and Firewire not connected.)
I clicked on Ethernet. It said Status: Cable unplugged (!!??)
I emailed my ISP and I am waiting for his reply.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been a very long time, 10 years or so since I last tried sending a fax but if your printer is capable of sending faxes then have you tried it by selecting to print the document and then from the printer list selecting the fax as the printer.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
maurice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem putting a paper in my printer and chosing Fax pdf. What I cannot do is sending (and receiving) a fax directly from my Mini.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point was to send a fax from the Mac it may be you have to select Print and then select the FAX as the print device rather than the printer. Thats how mine used to work many years ago.

Mine wasn't a combined fax / printer, I had a printer and also a separate fax/ modem when the fax drivers were installed they showed up as a new printer. So to send a fax you hit print. Not sure about receiving though I think I had separate software package for that that also did voicemails and stuff and allowed you to set up a menu structure like Press 1 for .... Press 2 to send a fax. the person calling could then leave a message for the various various mail boxes or manually send a fax. If the fax tone was heard it automatically switched to fax mode and missed out the voice mail menu's

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: