123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Hardwre test....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwayne

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Apple Hardwre test.... Reply with quote

I have an 2009 MM with latest version of Mavericks. It is fast and stable with no issues. I want to to run the AHT for Intel Macs to check my Super Drive which is giving me the error code which is related 'no communication' when trying to burn a disc.

At present I do not have access to the original Leopard or Lion discs that came with Mini as I am living in Spain and discs are in UK.

My Mavericks installation is squeky clean and with no superfluous or problematic programmes installed. I read the AHT advice page and need to know in which category is applicable to me.

Below is Apples info which I think is for me, but my Mini didn't ship with 10.7 or later......

==========

Using Apple Hardware Test on computers with OS X 10.7 or later

Mac NoteBook and Desktop computers shipping with OS X 10.7 or later have a partition on the hard drive or flash storage that contains AHT.

To start AHT on these computers please follow these instructions:

Press the power button to turn on your computer.

Press and hold the D key before the gray startup screen appears.

It takes a minute or so for AHT to start up and inspect your hardware configuration.

While this is taking place, an icon appears on the screen: (Pic of processor)

When the process is complete, select your language and click the right arrow. If you aren't using a mouse, you can use the up and down arrows to select a language and then press the Return key.

The AHT console appears. You can choose which sort of test or tests to perform:

To perform all of the basic tests, click the Test button or press the "T" key or the Return key.

To perform a more thorough diagnostic test, select the "Perform extended testing" checkbox under the Test button before you click the Test button.

Note: Your test results will appear in the window in the bottom-right of the console.

To exit AHT, click Restart or Shut Down at the bottom of the window.

===========

Now am I correct in assuming that latest Mavericks has this small partition that is mentioned to carry out the AHT with the above instruction?

If not, how would I achieve a succesfull AHT?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: