123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iMac- Evolution of the iMac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: iMac- Evolution of the iMac Reply with quote

Why are people offended by the hump on the back of the new iMac. Nobody complained before. Now that the edge is very thin, the hump is getting such criticism. Some people say it looks like a retro TV. Look at the 2007 and 2009 models. The hump is equally as large if not larger, plus they have an extra inch of aluminum. To me the new design looks more modern.

I haven't had a chance to see the new model in person yet, Is it like looking at a pregnant supermodel. Smile

I'm going to keep an open mind. I think the proportion is just fine. My guess is the lines will flow quite nicely.
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the bulge is something even Apple aren't completely happy with otherwise why hide it in all their publicity shots.

As their slogan goes, "We've gone to extraordinary lengths" to hide the bulge Laughing

Its the fact they hid it that makes it worse for me

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
richardtj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Bump on the New iMac Reply with quote

If you think that's bad, take a look at the bump on this one- here (sorry, sarcasm). The aesthetics of the new iMac are amazing and I simply can't see the issues that people have with it. It's so thin I could cut myself on the edges- it's top of it's proverbial class, yet people are complaining about it. I'd like to see another manufacturer produce something so sleek.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bump on the New iMac Reply with quote

richardtj wrote:
If you think that's bad, take a look at the bump on this one- here (sorry, sarcasm). The aesthetics of the new iMac are amazing and I simply can't see the issues that people have with it. It's so thin I could cut myself on the edges- it's top of it's proverbial class, yet people are complaining about it. I'd like to see another manufacturer produce something so sleek.
People are never happy. That is the truth. It is a masterpiece in design I agree with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: