123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Mouse Battery Life

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Magic Mouse Battery Life Reply with quote

I just purchased an Apple Magic Mouse a couple of months ago. So far the battery life is running about 2 weeks on rechargeable batteries.

I leave the Mouse on all the time. The Magic Mouse is replacing a Logitech Bluetooth Mouse and the batteries on that lasted almost 5 weeks without problem.

What's wrong with the Magic Mouse?
Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug, this hasn't been my experience at all with the Magic Mouse. I have two of them, each working on a different Mac. While I don't chart the amount of time each one lasts on a set of batteries, I'm guessing it's typically around 3 months, and maybe a lot longer. I never turn it off, but one of the Macs is shut down at the end of the work day and the other is set to sleep after 1/2 hour of no use. I suspect that your problem is either with poor quality (or old) batteries, or alternatively there is something wrong with the mouse, itself. Once you can rule out the batteries, I would contact Apple and ask for a replacement while it is under warranty.
Doug

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try some new Alkaline batteries but the rechargeable batteries I'm using gave me 4+ weeks with a Logitech mouse. This is the first Apple product I've owned that has provided poor service.
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because the rechargeable i bet are not the 1000mah rechargeable batteries are they.

1000mah batteries only come with the charger when you buy the batteries and charger in a package deal.

i have 1000mah energizer rechargeable and my magic mouse has been going for a whole year on the same charge my battery just reached 50% left today.
Doug

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of fact my eneloop rechargeable came with an envelop charger. On the side of the battery is says 2,000 Amp hours & 1900 Amp hours minimum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: