123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

asking for advice...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gothbiker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: asking for advice... Reply with quote

hi, bit of advice please!!
I currently have a macbook pro, very very happy with it, I would like to buy a secondhand mini mac, is it possible to mirror the drives? Im currently on a photography course, so would it be possible to sync the drives? so i can use both of the computers with the same software? or would it be better to set up a mini as a server?
just an idea, i also have a 1tb drive for back ups.
any advice or ideas would be great!!
thanks dj
Cypher
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how much data you have you could use iCloud and photo stream.

I keep most of my documents in sync with Dropbox They give you a 2GB free accounts when you sign up. I now have about 11GB in my free account thanks to referals etc which give you and the other person an extra 500MB each time someone signs up to a free account. With dropbox its all seamless you update on one machine and it automatically appears on all the others. Its a brilliant application and a must have these days for me. One new benefit of dropbox is you get extra space if you use the Camera Upload option on say an iPhone. This has given me an extra 1GB of space this week after turning it on and syncing about 200 photos

I also use another application called ChronoSync to keep my Mac's other files in Sync and backed up. Every week I run several Chronosync saved scripts, which back up my Documents, Dropbox, Music, Pictures all to separate external hard drives. You can set ChronoSync to Backup, Mirror, or Synchronise your files.

Mac Mini 2.53GHz - iMac 2.0Ghz - Macbook Pro 2.4GHz - iPad 1 32GB 3G
6TB Netgear Ready NAS NV+ - 6TB Drobo S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: