123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac mini 10.8.2 update arrived for Mac Mini to Solve HDMI !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobyrox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Mac mini 10.8.2 update arrived for Mac Mini to Solve HDMI ! Reply with quote

the new update is available to download and I am updating it right now! hopefully it solves the problem!! Can someone reply so we can track to see if it does resolve the problem.

Last edited by scoobyrox on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
scoobyrox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Did not work for me. Reply with quote

I updated to 10.8.2. It did not solve the problem. Text resolution and color continue to be a problem. The desktop still bleeds into the outside of the screen boundary. There was no improvement at all.
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Mac mini 10.8.2 update arrived for Mac Mini to Solve HDM Reply with quote

scoobyrox wrote:
the new update is available to download and I am updating it right now! hopefully it solves the problem!! Can someone reply so we can track to see if it does resolve the problem.
Sometimes you are better off keeping what you had in the first place. Newer does not mean better all the time.The 2011 model never had this problem.
scoobyrox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: some truth to your input Reply with quote

Keeping what you have may work sometimes. In this case, keeping what you have does not solve the hdmi issue. So for those people that do want dual display, an working update is the only solution. I guess I will have to see the results of others who have updated.
scoobyrox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Anyone can confirm the fix? Reply with quote

Originally when I saw the update in the App Update, brief description mentioned solving the hdmi issue but when I look up the Apple support page for this update, nothing is mentioned about the hdmi but just system enhancement. Now I am wondering if this update is supposed to solve the hdmi issue or not.
ez061111
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess the HDMI issues that are causing the most frustration for people will be in the form of a firmware update rather than OS update.
3.5GHz 6C MP, D700s
macmanmacman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a bad graphics card choice to me is this the intel graphics i take it
jonmstr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: mini late 2012 video Reply with quote

see some of the posts on apple community.

This issue is that the video does not detect you monitor or LCD TV correctly.

And unlike the previous MINIs you did have to adjust your LCD TV or Monitor settings.

I tweeked and setup profiles and it looks just as good as ever and better with HD Streams.

FYI.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/20752100#20752100
https://discussions.apple.com/message/20515489#20515489
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: